Chapter 14: The Team Knows!

Aaron and David gathered the rest of the team and got in the van's. They drove to the store to get to Emily and JJ. "Why were they going there again?" Spencer asked. "A hunch." Aaron replied. Penelope called and Aaron answered. "What do you have for me, Garcia?" Aaron asked. "Prentiss and JJ both went pick up their phones." Penelope replied and they both sighed. "That doesn't mean they're hurt." Derek told them. "Why did the store clerk just start there?" David asked. "I actually do have good news, information on him. He knew Maxwell's dad when they were young, they were childhood friends." Penelope replied as she pulled up a bunch of old pictures of them on her computer. "What happened between them?" Aaron asked. "Mr. Steven's got the girl." Penelope replied and they all sighed. "So, this is all about Maxwell's mom?" Spencer asked. "Yep. Two best friends who both love the same girl, she only loved one of them." Penelope replied. "So, he takes their son?" Derek asked. "He thinks the son should be his." David replied. "We're almost there." Aaron commented. "Good luck and see you in a bit." Penelope told them and hung up the phone call.
     Emily and JJ slowly walked into the back and they both gasped. Maxwell Stevens was unconscious. "Is he?" JJ asked. Emily slowly walked up to him and felt his pulse and sighed in relief. "He's alive, but barely." Emily replied and JJ sighed in relief. "Thank goodness." JJ commented. "He needs a hospital." Emily commented as she stood up. "I'll call an ambulance now." JJ told her as she dialled a number on her phone. Emily noticed someone behind JJ as her heart pounded. "JJ." Emily commented. JJ looked up and saw how nervous Emily was, but also noticed that Emily was looking behind her. JJ tur ng ed around and gasped when he hit her in the face with the butt of his gun. She fell to the floor and coughed as her vision became fuzzy for a moment. Emily pointed her gun at him and he pointed his gun at her at the exact same time.
      The van drove up and Aaron parked it. "Everyone, be prepared." Aaron warned them. They all got out and got their guns ready. They jumped and ducked down when they heard two gun shots. They all ran in and saw a top half of a man peeking out from the back. They walked back there and saw the man laying on the floor as Emily helped JJ up. Derek checked his pulse and sighed as he shook his head. Aaron walked over to Emily and JJ. "Are the both of you okay?" Aaron asked. "We are now." JJ replied. JJ touched her forehead and looked down to find blood where he hit her. "There's an ambulance outside." Spencer told them. Derek picked up the unconscious boy and walked him outside. "Let's get you checked." David suggested. He took JJ's hand and helped her outside as well. Spencer looked at the dead body. "Wasn't there two gunshots?" Spencer asked. "Yeah." Aaron replied. "There's only one bullet in him." Spencer told them. Aaron pushed his eyebrows together as he looked over at Emily. He shot me first and I moved, so it hit the wall behind me, and then I shot him." Emily replied. Aaron took her hand. "Are you okay?" Aaron asked and Emily nodded. "I am." Emily replied and Aaron sighed.
      They all got back to the BAU and were getting ready to go home. Aaron walked up to Emily. "We should get home before everyone gets suspicious of your behavior." Aaron told her. "Or.... Maybe we could tell them the truth." Emily suggested and Aaron smiled. "Really?" Aaron asked and Emily laughed. "Yeah, they'll find out sooner or later. Emily replied. "Okay." Aaron agreed. Emily leaned in and kissed him passionately. She pulled away and they both smiled. "I love you." Emily commented. "I love you too, Em." Aaron commented.
     Emily and Aaron got everyone to the round table room. "What's going on?" David asked. "Is there another case already?" Derek asked with a sigh. "No, we just have exciting news." Aaron replied. Emily grabbed his hand and he squeezed it as she smiled up at him. She turned back to the team and JJ nodded at her as she nodded back. "I'm pregnant!" Emily exclaimed. Everyone gasped as they all ran up and hugged the two of them. "Congrats, man." Derek commented as him and Aaron hugged. "Congratulations, Em!" Spencer exclaimed as he hugged her and she grinned as they pulled away. "Thank you." Emily commented and then she hugged Derek. David hugged Aaron. "How does it feel to have another kid?" David asked. "Good. Exciting but nerve wrecking, all at the same time." Aaron replied and David laughed.
      JJ drove to the hospital and went up to the counter. "Hi, I'm Jennifer Jearu and I'm here to discharge my mom, Sandy Jearu." JJ told the lady at the counter. The lady tipped on her computer and JJ waited as she printed a few pieces of paper and handed them to her with a pen. "Sign the lines with an X." The lady told her and JJ nodded as she did so. Then JJ handed the papers and pen back to her as the lady put them in a file. "That's it?" JJ asked. "Yep, your mom is free to go." The lady replied and JJ smiled. "Thank you." JJ commented. JJ walked away and into her moms room as she held a bag. "Hete, these are your clothes and you have been discharged. Will agreed for you to stay with us for a couple of days, before going back to your house." JJ ecplained. Sandy got up and walked over to her. "Thank you, JJ. For everything you have done for me." Sandy told her. "No, mom. Thank you for everything you have done for me." JJ told her and they both smiled as they hugged. Then Sandy took the bag of clothes and walked into the restroom to change.