Chapter 29: Sick Part 2!

Emily walked downstairs and saw Jack and Declan were watching TV in the living room. She walked over to them. "Enjoying the weekend?" Emily asked. "I am." Declan replied. "Yeah." Jack added. "Get dressed." Emily told them and they both looked at her. "Why?" Jack asked. "Aaron and I are taking you kids out." Emily replied. "Where?" Declan asked. "You'll see." Emily replied. Declan and Jack got up and ran upstairs as Aaron walked downstairs and Emily laughed. "Man, they're in a rush." Aaron commented and Emily nodded. "Apparently." Emily agreed. "Are you ready?" Aaron asked. "Yes." Emily replied. "So am I." Aaron agreed as he walked up to her. "So, have you picked the restaurant?" Emily asked. "Yep." Aaron replied. "Good." Emily commented. "I'll get the car ready." Aaron told her. "And I'll check on the kids." Emily told him. Aaron walked outside and Emily walked upstairs.
     Aaron drove his wife and kids to a small cafe. "This looks like a nice place." Emily commented and Aaron smiled. "So I've heard." Aaron agreed. "They all got out and walked in. They looked around and it smelled delicious. "I'll place our order." Aaron told her. "And I'll find a place to sit." Emily told him. Emily found a booth and sat down with the kids while Aaron walked up to the counter. "How's school?" Emily asked. "Good." Jack and Declan replied in unison. Emily looked over at Aaron. He was talkig to a waitress, telling her their order. "I need to use the restroom. Will you guys be okay?" Emily asked. "We'll be fine." Jack replied woth a smile and Emily laughed. "Okay." Emily agreed. Emily walked into the restroom and locked it. She sighed as she put her hair in a ponytail and she washed her hands as she looked at herself in the mirror. She quickly bent down and threw up in the tioilet. She flushed and splashed some water on her face. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. She grabbed a towel and wiped her face. Then she took out the ponytail and wiped her tears.
     Aaron walked to the booth and noticed Emily wasn't there as he sat down. "Where's Emily?" Aaron asked. "Restroom." Declan replied and Aaron nodded. "How have things been?" Aaron asked. "Pretty good." Jack replied. "No complaints." Declan added and Aaron nodded. "That's good." Aaron commented. Emily walked back to them and smiled. "Hey." Emily greeted. "Hey." Aaron greeted as he moved over and Emily sat down. "Is everything okay?" Aaron asked. "Yeah, everything's fine." Emily replied. "Did you order the food?" Jack asked. "Yep, they're making it now." Aaron replied. "I'm starving." Declan commented and they laughed.
      They talked for awhile before the waitress came with their food, and they began eating. "This is good." Emily commented and Aaron smiled. "We have to come here more often." Aaron agreed as Emily took a drink of her coffee. She nodded as she put it down. "How did you find this place, dad?" Jack asked. "Will told me about it." Aaron replied. "JJ's husband? That Will?" Emily asked. "That's the one. He told me that him and JJ found this place by accident and now they absolutely love it." Aaron replied. "Interesting." Emily commented.
     Aaron drove up to a pump at a gas station. "I'll go and pay." Emily told him. "Okay." Aaron agreed. They both got out and Emily headed inside. She looked around until she found a pregnancy test. She walked to to the counter. "I'll like to buy this and $10 on pump one." Emily told the man and he nodded. Shr gave him the money and hid the pregnancy test in her purse before walking out. She saw Aaron punping the gas and he he smiled at her. She smiled back at him and got into the passenger side of the car. Sje took a deep breathe and waited for Aaron to get in.
     The four of them walked into their house, taking off their shoes and jackets. "Do you kids have any homework you need to do before school tomorrow?" Aaron asked. "No." Declan and Jack replied in unison. "I'm going to go take a shower." Emily told him. "Okay." Aaron agreed. Emily walked upstairs and Aaron turned toward the boys. "Do you guys want to play a board game?" Aaron asked and Declan smiled. "I'd love to." Declan replied. "Jack?" Aaron asked. Jack was about to say no, but then shrugged. "Sure." Jack replied. "You kids can go pick it out." Aaron told them. "I'll show Declan where they are." Jack told him as they walked upstairs.
    Emily stepped into the shower and let the hot water run down on her skin. She sighed as she just stood there for several minutes. She was afraid to take the pregnancy test, afraid to have a baby, afraid to be a mom. She's afraid that she's not a good step mom or adopted mom, and she's terrified that she won't be a good mom to a child she gives birth to. She's terrified that she will end up like her mom, that her kids will be raised the way she was. The only reason she has hope at all, which isn't something that comes easy to her, is because of Aaron. She loves him and he loves her, and that is keeping her steady.
    Aaron was setting up the board game on the kitchen table as Declan and Jack sat down. The decided to play Clue. "We haven't played this game in a long time." Aaron commented and Jack smiled. "Nope, I wonder if I still have my winning strek." Jack agreed and Aaron laughed. "We'll see." Aaron commented and Jack laughed. They got the board game ready and sat down, as they begun playing.
     Declan and Jack were asleep in their rooms as Aaron sat in his bed. Emily walked out of the restroom and smiled at him. "You've been in there while. Are you okay?" Aaron asked and Emily nodded. "I'm fine." Emily replied. "We should get to bed. We have to be at the BAU tomorrow." Aaron told her. He turned away from her and reached for the lamp next to him. "I'm pregnant." Emily told him. He stopped what he was doing and looked at her. "Are you serious?" Aaron asked. "I am, that's why I've been sick." Emily replied and Aaron grinned. "We're going to have a baby." Aaron commented and Emily laughed. "We're going to have a baby." Emily agreed. They kissed passionately and then hugged.