Chapter 21: Trouble in Paradise!

Emily starred at Maggie. "That's why it seems so familiar. Why this whole place does." Emily commented. "Emily." Maggie commented. "I remember you. I remember what happened." Emily told her and she sighed. "I am so sorry. I was young and foolish." Maggie apologized and Emily shook her head. "That doesn't matter." Emily told her. "You don't forgive easily, do you?" Maggie asked. "You could say that." Emily replied. "Please, Emily." Maggie begged. "I should go to my room." Emily told her. Emily walked over to her and grabbed her arms. "Emily, just talk to me." Maggie told her. "No." Emily commented. Aaron walked down the stairs and Maggie let go of Emily's arms and stepped backwards. "What's going on?" Aaron asked and Emily shook her head. "Nothing, let's go to our room." Emily replied. She walked upstairs and Aaron following. Maggie sighed and went back to her desk.
     Emily and Aaron finished their breakfast as they sat on their bed. Aaron threw it away and sat back down as he turned to look at his wife. "What happened down there?" Aaron asked and Emily sighed. "I've been here before." Emily replied while she was looking down. "I figured that, you've been just about everywhere." Aaron commented and Emily sighed. "No, not just this town or state. I've been in this very hotel, back when I was 13." Emily replied. "I'm guessing it's not good memories." Aaron commented and she shook her head. "Not at all." Emily told him. He put his hand on her leg and she looked up and locked eyes with him. "I'm here for you, and you can tell me anything." Aaron told her and she smiled. "I know." Emily agreed. He leaned in and kissed her gently. They pulled away and Emily intertwined her fingers with Aaron's as they both smiled. "So, what happened?" Aaron asked. Emily sighed and frowned. "It's a long story. Are you sure you want to hear it on our honeymoon?" Emily asked. "Absolutely." Aaron replied and Emily smiled.
     Emily and Aaron just finished taking a shower and getting dressed. They both sat on their bed and faced one another. "I'm ready." Aaron told her and she laughed. "Okay. Well, Maggie's mom owned the hotel when my mom and I were staying. We had the biggest, non honeymoon suite. My mom was here on official buisness, as usual. Maggie hung around here a lot, since her mom was constantly here, and she tried to help every so often, considering this was a family buisness and she would own it soon." Emily explained. "Like she does now?" Aaron asked and Emily nodded. "Exactly." Emily replied. "Go on." Aaron told her. "Anyways, Maggie and I became really close. My moms buisness was taking longer then usual, and I was okay with that because I wanted to spend more time with Maggie. But Maggie told me a secret. She never knew her dad, and she was trying to track him down and I helped her because I thought everyone deserved to know both of their parents. I understood, especially since I never knew my father. She told me that she found him and they were texting. She was nervous to meet him face to face, and to find out why he abandoned her, especially since her mom never talked about him." Emily explained. "Like your mom." Aaron commented and Emily nodded. "Yeah." Emily agreed. "That's terrible." Aaron commented. "Tell me about it. But I agreed to go with Maggie, for moral support. But her dad kidnapped me. Turned out, he asked her to get me there because he was big on sex trafficking. Maggie was so desperate for his approval, that she did whatever he asked. Maggie told her dad she would ne silent, but she kept feeling guiltier and guiltier until she finally told her mom and her mom told my mom. Turns out, her mom never talked about Maggie's dad because she was one of the few survivors from his sex trafficking. Maggie's mom met him when he kidnapped her and he liked her enough to keep her and do as he wanted with her, that's how she got pregnant." Emily explained. "That's terrible." Aaron commented. "Yeah, and when they got there they found him unconscious and tied up and I was currently unlocking the cage that held the other girls. My mom was able to arrest him and use his computer to locate his buyers and arrest them as well. That is why they made the painting of the two of us." Emily explained. "Wow." Aaron commented. "What?" Emily asked. "You are a warrior." Aaron replied and Emily laughed. "Warrior?" Emily asked and Aaron nodded. "You should embrace it." Aaron replied and she laughed. "I think I will." Emily agreed. They leaned and started kissing passionately.
      Emily and Aaron walked downstairs hand in hand. Maggie walked out from behind the counter and towards them. "Emily!" Maggie called and she sighed. "What do you want?" Emily asked. "I just wanted to talk." Maggie replied. "Well, I don't want to talk." Emily told her. "Please, EP." Maggie begged. "Don't call me that!" Emily exclaimed. "Don't you remember our nickname? EP for Emily Prentiss and MS for Maggie Star?" Maggie asked. "I remember, that's why I don't want you to call me that. We're not friends anymore." Emily replied. "Emily." Maggie commented. "You should go, Ms. Star." Aaron warned and Maggie glared at him. "Mrs. Star." Maggie corrected. "We're going to take a stroll and explore." Aaron told her. They walked outside as Maggie sighed.
      Emily was showing Aaron around. She showed him all the awesome spots and they took a lot of pictures to remember this. Emily snapped another photo and laughed as she stood up, followed by Aaron. "You look beautiful." Aaron told her. "Thanks." Emily commented. Emily put her phone in her pocket and turned to face him. He grabbed her waist and pulled her close as she put her hands on her shoulders. They leaned in and kissed. They pulled away and touched their foreheads to one another. "I love you." Aaron told her. "I love you too." Emily agreed. Then they kissed again.