Chapter 37: Detective!

JJ walked inside. She didn't see or hear anyone as she closed the door. "Will! Mom! I'm home!" JJ called. Still nothing. She turned on the light and saw Will sleeping on the couch as she smiled. They gave Sandy their room and they decided to sleep on the the pull out couch while she's in town. Will woke up and smiled up at her. "How was work?" Will asked. "Good." JJ replied. "Good. You're still off tomorrow, right?" Will asked and JJ nodded. "Yeah." JJ replied. "I have a long day at work tomorrow." Will told her and she laughed as she sat next to him on the chairs on the porch. "I actually have to go into work." Will told her as he stood up. JJ sighed and stood up as well. "Be safe." JJ told him and he smiled. "Always." Will agreed and JJ watched she he left.
      Penelope was putting Abigail to bed. She smiled as her daughter closed her eyes as her breathing slowed, showing she was falling inna deep sleep. She loved watching her daughter sleeping. Penelope turned off the light and closed the door. She heard the front door and walked downstairs to find her husband walking in. "Hey." Penelope greeted. "Hi." Kevin greeted. She walked over to him and kissed him. "How was work?" Penelope asked. "Good, it was stress free." Kevin replied and Penelope laughed. "Sounds like lots of fun." Penelope commented. "Where's Abbey?" Kevin asked. "She just fell asleep, so don't wake her." Penelope replied and Kevin smiled. "I won't, I'll just see her in the morning." Kevin told her. "Do you want to go to bed?" Penelope asked. "As long as I get to go to bed next to the most beautiful person I've ear laid eyes upon." Kevin replied and Penelope grinned. "You're the best." Penelope commented. "You are." Kevin told her. They kissed passionately and they held hands as they ran upstairs.
      Will drove to a drug store, where there was a robbery in secession. He parked outside and hid behind his car as he held his gun over the hood of the car. "Get out with your hands above your head!" Will called. He watched as two people, a girl and a boy, looked outside the window. They looked angry that they had been caught. The boy stayed at the window and the girl walked over to the desk and shot the clerk as everyone else in there screamed. "Shut up!" The girl yelled. Will didn't have the backup he needed, and there were still innocents in there. He had called for backup, but no one has answered. They're all too far away, he guesses. The door opened and the the guy walked out, but he had a victim infront of her with a gun to her head. She was crying and terrified. "You can't stop us!" The guy exclaimed. "What's your name?" Will asked. "That's none of your buisness. My sister and I have a job to finish." The guy replied. "I'm Detective William LaMontagne Jr." Will greeted. "Nice to meet you, detective." The guy greeted. "Let everyone go." Will told him and he laughed. "Not a chance." The guy told him. "Then at least let the women and children out." Will told him. "There are no children, just men and women." The guy told him. "Then let the women go, and we can talk." Will suggested. "You don't want to talk, you want to kill us. Just like my sister said, she was right about you." The guy told him. "No, she's not. She lied. I don't want to kill you, I want to help you." Will told him. "Help me how?" The guy asked. "I think your sister has been manipulating you, but you go along with her because you feel like you have no choice. But you do have a choice, we all do. As much as you love your sister, you need to do what is best for you. Do what you know is right in your heart." Will replied and the guy sighed. "My name is Roger, and her name is Valerie. Our parents were like this, they treated me like a baby for years, but forced her to grow up.... They forced her to kill at a young age." Roger explained. Roger let go of the girl and Will smiled. "Thank you." Will commented. Roger pulled the trigger of his gun twice, but not at Will, and he was confused.
     Roger walked back inside and went up to his sister. "What was that shot?" Valerie asked. "I killed the detective." Roger replied and Valerie grinned. "You did?" Valerie asked and Roger nodded. "Yep. One fatal blow to the head, just like you taught me and our parents taught you." Roger replied. "I'm so proud of you." Valerie commented and he put on a fake smile. "We should bring him inside, so other cops don't see him when they came." Roger told her and she nodded. "Let's go." Valerie agreed. She walked outside and Roger took a deep breathe as he locked the door. Valerie gasped when she saw Will behind the car with a gun pointed to her. She turned around and saw Roger looking at her behind the glass door. She tried to open the door, but realized it was locked. "I'm so sorry, Val. But I'm making my choice." Roger told her. "You betrayed me!" Valerie exclaimed. She turned around and shot at Will, but he ducked behind his car as a cop car drove up. Will shot his gun twice and both shots hit her as she collapsed to the ground.
     Will ran over to her as he checked her pulse. He put his gun away as Roger walked out as a female cop walked over to him. "There's at least one casually inside." Will told her and she nodded as she walked inside. "Is she dead?" Roger asked as tears formed in his eyes and Will sighed as he stood up. "Yeah." Will replied and Roger nodded. "I made my choice." Roger commented. "I know." Will agreed. "I'm just glad it's over. I don't have to do this anymore." Roger commented. "I should be able to talk to the judge and give you less of a sentence, and with good behavior you could be out of jail in no time." Will told him and he nodded. "Thank you, for everything." Roger commented. "I don't think you're a bad person, Roger. You were just born in a bad situation." Will told him. "Yeah." Roger agreed. "I'll take you in, but I have to handcuff you." Will told him and he nodded. "Okay." Roger agreed. Will handcuffed Roger and out him in the back of his car and drove away.
    Will walked inside his house and saw JJ reading a book. She closed the book and smiled up at me. "You didn't have to wait up for me." Will told her. "I didn't mind." JJ told him. She stood up and walked over to him. "How was work?" JJ asked. "Complicated." Will replied. They sat on the couch and that's when he told her everything that happened. "Is Roger going to jail?" JJ asked and Will nodded. "Yes, but I'm talking with the judge and his lawyer tomorrow about him, I'm going to try and get him to have no more then five years." Will replied. "I'm sure my mom can watch the boys tomorrow, so we both can go to work." JJ told him. He held out his hand and she smiled. "Ready for bed?" Will asked. "I am." JJ replied as she took his hand. They stood up and walked upstairs.