Chapter 28: Sick Part 1!

Aaron woke up and saw that Emily wasn't in bed next to him. He got up and walked downstairs to see Declan. "Hey." Aaron greeted. Declan looked up and gave him a small smile. "Hi." Declan greeted. Aaron sat next to him on the couch. "What are you watching?" Aaron asked. "Scooby Doo." Declan replied. The commercial on the TV was over in Scooby Doo was on, but it wasn't the animated show, it wad the live action movie. "I use to love these movies." Aaron told him. "I saw it for the first time when I was kid, back when Emily was with my dad. She showed it to me." Declan told him and Aaron smiled. "I hear she was good to you." Aaron commented and Declan nodded. "She was, that was why I wanted her to adpopt me." Declan told him. "Yeah, she wanted to adopt you sooner. She was just afraid she wouldn't be a good mom, she's still afraid of that." Aaron commented. "She's a great mom to me and Jack, and one day to her own kid as well." Declan told him and Aaron smiled. "I know." Aaron agreed. "She just needs to know." Declan commented. "I'm glad we adopted you too, you know." Aaron told him. Declan looked at him and smiled. "Thanks, Aaron." Declan commented. "No problem." Aaron agreed.
      Emily finished tsking a shower and wrapped the towel around her. She felt sick, all of a sudden. Her heart pounded as her palms became sweaty. She leaned over the toilet and pulled her hair back as she began to throw up. She sighed as she wiped her mouth and flushed the toilet. She turned on the faucet and washed her hands and splashed some water on her face. She looked herself in the mirror and sighed. She took off the towel to wipe her face before getting dressed. She wore a paire of jeans and a black tank top. She looked in the mirror again before leaving.
     Emily walked downstairs and saw Declan and Jack watching Scooby Doo in the living room. She walked into the kitchen and saw him making breakfast. "How was the shower?" Aaron asked. "Good." Emily replied. Aaron could tell there was something different about Emily. She spaced out as Aaron watched her. "Are you okay?" Aaron asked. Emily snapped out of her thoughts and looked up at him as they locked eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine." Emily replied. "Are you sure, Em?" Aaron asked. "Yes." Emily replied. "Okay." Aaron agreed. "I'm going to get some fresh air." Emily told him. She walked outside as thecwind blew tiward het, moving her hair wildly. She put her hands on the railing of the front porch as she breathed deeply. The just got back from their honeymoon last night, and they have the weekend off. Which they needed. They had a good honeymoon, but Emily found herself stressing over Maggie. Emily has been through so much, and her team now knows a lot of it, but still not all of it. She knows she can trust them, but she doesn't tell anyone about her past because she doesn't like to think about it or address it. Her mother is why she doesn't think she'll make a good mom. Her worst fear is that she'll end up just like her mother, which she has tried to fight against everyday of her life. Her friends believe in her, but she has never believed in herself.
      Jack and Declan were sitting at the table as Aaron dished the eggs and bacon for everyone. Emily walked back in and Aaron smiled at her. "Ready for breakfast?" Aaron asked and Emily shook her head. "No, I'm not hungry." Emily replied and Aaron frowned as he put everything down. "Are you sure?" Aaron asked and Emily nodded. "I am." Emily replied. Aaron walked over to her and grabbed her hands. "Em, are you alright?" Aaron asked and Emily sighed. "I'm just feeling a bit tired." Emily replied as she let go of his hands. She walked past him and to the stairs. He turned to face her. "Emily." Aaron commented. Emily sighed and turned to face him. "Aaron, I'm okay. Really. I'm just not feeling that great this morning, it's nothing serious." Emily told him and Aaron nodded. "Okay." Aaron agreed. "I love you." Emily told him. "I love you too." Aaron agreed. Aaron watched as Emily walked upstairs and then he walked back into the kitchen.
     Aaron made sandwiches for the boys for lunch. There was a knock on the door. "I've got it, dad!" Jack called. "Thanks, Jack!" Aaron called back. Aaron put the sandwiches on two separate plates and put the ingredients away. He heard the door close and walked out of the kitchen to find David. "Hey." Aaron greeted. "Hey, Hotch." David agreed. "Boys, your sandwiches are on the table." Aaron told them. "Thank you." Declan commented as him and Jack walked into the kitchen. "What brings you here?" Aaron asked. "I wanted to ask your advice." David replied and Aaron nodded. "Okay." Aaron agreed. "Well, Joy and Shawn has been having some problems so they are going on a little vacation. Starting tomorrow. So Joy asked me to babysit Kai during the two weeks that they are gone, so I can have some quality time to get to know my grandson." David explained. "That sounds nice." Aaron commented. "It is, I love Kai and Joy. Very much. David told him. "So, what's the problem?" Aaron asked. "There's my job, which I have figured out. Hayden is still in town, she agreed to watch him while I'm at work when I'm here, he'll be with me." David replied. "If that's not the problem, then what is?" Aaron asked and David sighed. "I love Joy, but I didn't raise her. I've never raised a child, so I don't know how to watch Kai." David replied. "It's okay, Rossi. Children can be hard, but they can also be great. You'll be a great grandfather to him, and if you ever need any help you can always ask me." Aaron told him and David smiled. "Thanks." David commented and Aaron nodded.
     Emily woke up to hear a door close. She got up and walked downstairs. Aaron was next to the door and he turned around. "Hey." Aaron greeted. "Hey, who was at the door?" Emily asked. "Rossi, he was just asking my advice about something." Aaron replied and Emily nodded. "Okay." Emily commented. "Are you feeling better?" Aaron asked and Emily gave a small smile as she walked up to him. "A bit, actually." Emily replied and Aaron smiled. "Good." Aaron commented. "Good." Emily commented. They leaned in and kissed. She put her hands around her neck as he put his arms around her waist. They kissed passionately. They pulled away and leaned their forheads together. "How does marriage feel?" Aaron asked. "Great, being married to you." Emily replied. "I feel the same." Aaron agreed. Emily pulled away and walked into the kitchen with Aaron following. "How are the sandwiches?" Emily asked. "Good." Jack replied. "Same." Declan agreed. "Are you ready to eat something?" Aaron asked with a smirk and Emily laughed. "I am, something simple." Emily replied and Aaron nodded. "A sandwich it is." Aaron commented as he grabbed the ingredients.