Chapter 26: Healing!

"I'm fine." JJ told them. "You don't look fine." Derek told her as he tried to clean her wound. The ambulance drive by and stopped. David and Spencer dealt with them while Derek helped her. "Ouch." JJ commented as Derek touched her wound. "Your head wound is pretty deep, you might need stitches." Derek told her and she groaned. "Great, just great." JJ commented sarcastically. "It'll be fine, JJ." Derek told her and she sighed. "Fine." JJ agreed. David walked over to them. "The ambulance is ready to take you to the hospital." David told her and she nodded as she got down from the drivers seat of the van. "Thanks, Rossi. For saving my life." JJ told him and he smiled. "Of course." David agreed. JJ walked to the ambulance as Derek turned toward David. "You shouldn't have done by yourself, Rossi." Derek told him. "If I hadn't, JJ might be dead." David told him. "It's dangerous." Derek commented. "With Hotch gone, I'm in charge." David told him and walked away as Derek sighed.
    David walked into JJ's hospital room. She was sitting up and seemed to be fine. "How are you feeling?" David asked. "Fine, other then my head hurting." JJ replied. "You'll just need to rest a little bit." David told her. "We need to get home." JJ told him. "We aren't leaving for two days." David told him. "Why not?" JJ asked. "We have all been gravely injured, we all could use a couple of days to rest and heal." David replied and she sighed. "Fine. I need to call Will." JJ told him. She reached her phone and groaned in pain. "What's wrong?" David asked. "It's my shoulder." JJ replied. David grabbed her phone and handed it to her. JJ started dialing as David walked out. "Is she okay?" Spencer asked. "She will be." David replied.
     Will answered the phone. "Hey." Will greeted. "How's Michael?" JJ asked. "Good, he's feeling a lot better." Will replied and JJ sighed in relief. "Good." JJ commented. "Is something wrong?" Will asked. "The Unsub was captured. But there was a mishap and I'm in the hospital." JJ replied. "What?" Will asked. "I'm fine, it was just a head injury and shoulder injury." JJ replied. "Are you coming home soon?" Will asked. "Rossi is making us stay for two days, to rest. We've had a crazy week." JJ replied. "Just rest up, JJ. I'll see you soon." Will told her and JJ smiled. "I love you." JJ told him. "I love you too." Will agreed. "Tell the boys that I love them." JJ told her. "I will." Will agreed. "I'll see you soon." JJ told him. "I know." Will agreed. They hung up and JJ sighed.
    David was asleep on a chair in JJ hospital room. JJ opened her eyes and saw David there. She sighed as she slowly sat up. "Good morning." Derek commented. JJ looked up and saw him leaving on the doorway. JJ smiled at him. "Good morning." JJ commented. "How did you sleep?" Derek asked. "Good, considering I'm in a hospital." JJ replied and Derek laughed. "Point taken." Derek agreed. "Was Rossi here all night?" JJ asked and Derek nodded. "He was." Derek replied. "Why?" JJ asked. "When you were asleep, your shoulder started bleeding again. Rossi didn't want to leave you in case it happened again." Derek replied. "Will it happen again?" JJ asked. "We're not sure. The doctors are keeping an eye on it." Derek replied and JJ nodded with a sigh.
      Derek moved out of the way as Spencer walked in. "The doctors said your shoulder should not start bleeding randomly again." Spencer told her and she smiled. "I'm happy to hear that." JJ commented. "So are we." Spencer replied. "Should someone wake Rossi up?" JJ asked. "Let him sleep, he's been awake all night watching out for you." Derek replied and JJ nodded. "Have you talked to Maeve?" JJ asked. "Yes, I explained what is going on." Spencer replied. "I talked to Will, he said Michael is feeling much better." JJ told them and they smiled. "That's good to hear." Spencer commented. "It is." Derek agreed. "And how about Savannah?" JJ asked. "Not yet." Derek replied. "You really should." JJ replied. "I don't know." Derek commented. "Are you pushing her away again?" Spencer asked and Derek sighed. "I'm not talking about this, I'm going to get some coffee." Derek replied as he walked away. JJ and Spencer both laughed in unison.
      David woke up and JJ smiled at him. "Nice sleep?" JJ asked. "Um, yeah." David replied. "Good." JJ commented. "How are you feeling?" David asked. "Better. I heard what happened while I was asleep." JJ replied and he nodded. "Yeah." David agreed and JJ smiled. "Thank you." JJ commented. "For what?" David asked. "For staying by my side." JJ replied and David smiled. "Of course." David commented. "The doctors say I should be fine now." JJ told him and he nodded. "That's good. But where's Morgan and Reid?" David asked. "They went to get me a few things and dinner for all of us." JJ replied. "Sounds good." David commented. "Have you called Joy and let her know what's going on?" JJ asked and he nodded. "I have." David replied. "I'm sorry that it didn't work with Hayden." JJ apologized. "It's okay, it just wasn't meant to be." David told her. "Any new romances?" JJ asked and David laughed. "No." David replied and JJ smirked. "Really?" JJ asked. "I'm going to get some coffee." David replied as he stood up. "Get me one." JJ told him. "Okay." David agreed as he walked out of the room.
     JJ was packing up her stuff when Derek walked in. "Ready?" Derek asked. "Just about." JJ replied. "Finally going home." Derek commented and JJ laughed. "Are you going to talk about Savannah?" JJ asked and Derek sighed. "No." Derek replied. "You don't have to talk, just listen." JJ told him and he rolled his eyes. "Fine." Derek agreed. "If you love her, then don't push her away. Life is too short. I almost lost Will, because I was pushing him away. I use to run away from my feelings, which is something you still do. Now I'm happily married to the love of my life, with two very handsome sons. I couldn't be more happy, and it's I let him in. Just think about that before you do anything too hasty." JJ explained. She grabbed her bag and walked over to Derek. Then she hugged him and left.