Chapter 23: Broken Friendship!

Aaron woke up to a knocking. Emily's arm was around him. He quietly moved it and stood up. He put his robe on and answered the door. He sighed when he saw Maggie standing there. "May I speak with Emily?" Maggie asked. He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. "She's still asleep." Aaron replied. "Perhaps I can come back later." Maggie suggested. "I don't think that's a good idea." Aaron told her. "Why not?" Maggie asked. "You know why." Aaron replied and she sighed. "Emily told you didn't she?" Maggie asked and Aaron nodded. "The whole story." Aaron replied. "From her side, perhaps. But it's not as bad as she thinks." Maggie told him. "You might be right, or you might just want to gain my trust." Aaron told her. "I was a little girl who wanted my dad's love. Is that so bad?" Maggie asked. "No, not as long as you don't something like this." Aaron replied and Maggie sighed as she looked down. "I made a mistake." Maggie commented. "You should try to make things right." Aaron told her and she looked up at him. "Really?" Maggie asked and he nodded. "Yes, but it won't be easy." Aaron replied. "I know, Emily was always.... A bit harsh at time." Maggie agreed. "Not true, she's just had a bad past. But she has a kind heart." Aaron told her.
    Emily woke up and saw Aaron wasn't there. She looked around and sighed. She put on her robe and opened the door. "Maggie." Emily commented. "Em, it's so great to see you." Maggie commented and Emily glared at her. "What do you want?" Emily asked. "Your forgiveness." Maggie replied. "I can't do that." Emily told her. "Can't? Or won't?" Maggie asked. "Won't." Emily replied and Maggie sighed. "Please, Em." Maggie pleaded. "Call me Emily." Emily told her. She walked inside and Maggie groaned. "What do I do?" Maggie asked. "This has to be between the two of you." Aaron replied and Maggie sighed. Aaron walked in the room as Maggie walked away with her head down.
     Maggie was at her desk in the lobby. A women walked in wearing a beautiful pink lacy dress. Maggie grinned when she saw her. "Rosabella!" Maggie exclaimed as she ran up to her. "Hey, Mags." Rosabella greeted. Maggie pulled her in and kissed her passionately. "I missed you." Maggie told her. "I missed you too." Rosabella agreed. "How was your trip?" Maggie asked. "Amazing." Rosabella replied with a smile. "I'm happy to hear." Maggie commented as they sat on the lobby couch. "How's our surrogate mother?" Rosabella asked and Maggie smiled. "She's good. She's six months and in her room sleeping." Maggie replied and Rosabella laughed. "Our child is going to sleep twenty three hours of the day." Rosabella commented and Maggie laughed. "Probably." Maggie agreed. "How was the hotel while I was away?" Rosabella asked and Maggie sighed as she frowned. "Good." Maggie replied. "What's the matter?" Rosabella asked. "Emily Prentiss is here on her honeymoon." Emily replied. "Isn't that the girl from the painting? The one you use to be friends with?" Rosabella asked and Maggie nodded. "The same one." Maggie replied and Rosabella sighed. Rosabella moved Maggie's hair and Maggie sighed. "How are you doing?" Rosabella asked and Maggie shrugged. "Not good." Maggie replied and Rosabella hugged her.
     Emily and Aaron walked downstairs. They saw a different girl at the desk. "Emily Prentiss?" The girl asked and Emily pushed her eyebrows together. "Yes." Emily replied. "My name is Rosabella Star, Maggie's wife." Rosabella replied. "Oh, it's nice to meet you." Aaron commented. "How did you know who I was?" Emily asked. "Maggie told me the whole story ages ago, and earlier today she told me you were here." Rosabella replied. "And you still agreed to marry her?" Emily asked. "Of course, she made a mistake and I love her." Rosabella replied. "Em." Aaron commented and Emily sighed and rolled her eyes. "We should be going." Emily commented and walked out as Aaron sighed. "She's a lot nicer, unless she's in the dame area as the person who almost ruined a life." Aaron told her and Rosabella nodded. "Understandable." Rosabella agreed. Aaron waved to her before following Emily out.
    Emily and Aaron were on a bench as they faced a lake. "Beautiful scenery." Aaron commented and Emily nodded. "Yeah." Emily agreed. He put his hand on her knee and se looked over at him. "Are you okay?" Aaron asked and she sighed. "No." Emily replied. "Let me take your mind off of them." Aaron told her. He leaned in and kissed her. "I love you." Emily told him and he smiled. "I love you too." Aaron agreed. They kissed again and then hugged. "Thank you for being there for me." Emily commented. "Always." Aaron agreed. "We should go get some lunch." Emily suggested. "Good, I'm starving." Aaron agreed and Emily laughed. They both stood up as they held hands. "After lunch, we can get some alone time in our room." Emily suggested. "We've spent most of our time here in our room." Aaron commented and Emily smiled. "That's the point." Emily commented and Aaron smiled too. "I'm in." Aaron agreed and they both laughed as they left.
     Maggie walked downstairs. "How's Sarah?" Rosabella asked. "She's fine. She's eating her lunch and the baby seems to be just fine." Maggie replied. "That's good." Rosabella commented. "Yep. How are things here?" Maggie asked. "Slow. But I met Emily and her husband." Rosabella replied and Maggie sighed. "Oh." Maggie commented. "She really doesn't like you." Rosabella commented. "That's the understatement of the year." Maggie commented. "Maybe you need to try and get her forgiveness." Rosabella suggested. "Tried and failed." Maggie told her. "Just give her time." Rosabella suggested. "It's been over 20 years." Maggie told her. "Yeah, but she didn't have to see you. So it was easy to forget. Now that she's seeing you every day temporarily. Now it might be easier to forgive you." Rosabella told her. "Or harder." Maggie commented as she sat down with a sigh. Rosabella walked over to her and kissed her head. "I love you." Rosabella told her. "I love you too." Maggie agreed.
     Emily and Aaron walked into the hotel as they held hands. "Oh, I forgot to tell you guys over. Congratulations on your wedding." Rosabella commented. "Thank you." Emily commented. "We're having a dinner here tomorrow night for all of our guests." Rosabella told them. "Which isn't much right now, we're having a slow month." Maggie added. "Do you guys want to come?" Rosabella asked and Emily shook her head. "We'd love to." Aaron replied and Emily looked up to him. "We would?" Emily asked and he nodded. "Yes." Aaron replied and Emily sighed. "Fine." Emily agreed. "We'll be in our room." Aaron told them as they headed upstairs. "Have fun, Newlyweds." Rosabella commented with a smile. Maggie looked up at her. "We're having a dinner for everyone?" Maggie asked and Rosabella nodded. "Yes." Rosabella replied.
       Emily and Aaron walked into their room. "We're going to that dinner?" Emily asked. "It will be fun, Em." Aaron replied and Emily groaned as she sat on the bed. "It will be awkward, is what it will be." Emily told him. "It will be fine." Aaron told her. "And you're sure?" Emily asked. "No, but we'll be together." Aaron replied and Emily smiled. "Then it can't be terrible." Emily commented and Aaron laughed. "Oh, I love you." Aaron told her. "I love you too." Emily agreed. They leaned in and kissed passionately.