─ one

september 26, 2017

yue was counting down the minutes

"three, two, one," she paused watching as the clock changed, and then as the bell above the door rang, signaling someone had entered, "7:30, right on time."

yue kept her eyes on him, watching him walk to the counter and order his signature drink.

how could someone like black coffee? she thought to herself. it was bitter and dark. she much more preferred her light and sweet drink. but people liked what they liked, and she couldn't hate someone for it, no matter how much she despised the taste.

she brushed her black bangs from her face, moving her hands back to fix her ponytail. she adjusted her uniform as she walked to his table, taking the only other seat.

he looked up expectantly, but didn't open his mouth to say anything. his dark colored pupils flickered back to his phone, not even giving her a chance to say hello.

yue had initially sat down with confidence, but all of it seemed to fly out the window when he disregarded her entire existence.

"um, hello," she greeted, throwing her seemingly-permanent smile back up.

he nodded, obviously not lacking enough manners to ignore her completely. but he still didn't give her the luxury of his full attention; so she watched with desperation as he carelessly scrolled through his phone.

"ahem,"

those dark eyes looked up at her again, this time with something else in them; annoyance, perhaps?

"what's your name?"

he sighed, turning off his phone.

now that she had his full attention, yue wasn't so sure she wanted it anymore.

she could hear the exasperation laced in his tone, "beomgyu."

but nonetheless, she grinned, "beomgyu," she mumbled to herself. standing up, she murmured his name again.

beomgyu watched with a raised eyebrow, wondering what the hell was wrong with her.

she couldn't care, for she had made a big step in her new plan.

that plan being almost impossible;
the plan to become beomgyu's friend.