─ thirty-one

march 16, 2019

the peaceful serenity that was silence enveloped the small classroom, and there beomgyu was, basking in all its glory.

but as he sat, it dawned on him that the moment was perfect— almost too perfect.

"hi, beomgyu!" minha exclaimed, her loud voice causing his ears to ring as they struggled to adjust.

i knew it was too good to be true, the boy sighed, not even bothering to look up at the irritating girl.

"what's up?"

he shrugged his shoulders, yet his normal aversion of conversation seemed to not do the trick.

minha sighed, "are you not gonna ask what's up with me?"

"why would i?"

his blunt and blatant reply left the girl at a loss of thoughts. though they were only three words, they managed to effectively strip her of the confidence she normally wore.

minha sighed, "why are you so closed off? i'm just trying to be nice."

knocking on the classroom window caught their attention. on the other side of the glass was yue, her large and familiar smile being a comfort to beomgyu.

beomgyu three his backpack straps onto his shoulders, "well, don't."

"where are you going?"

beomgyu thought of his next words carefully, his head turning back to see yue was standing in the doorway.

"i'm going to hang out with my girlfriend."

both of the girls' eyes went wide. yue looked up at him in shock, following after him like a little puppy.

-

the two had walked in silence for a bit, a considerable distance between their awkward forms.

deciding to finally break the ice, yue turned to him, "what did you mean by that back there?"

beomgyu somehow managed to hold in his smirk, deciding to play dumb, "mean by what?"

"you know- the word?" she tried to explain, her hands gesturing in hopes he'd pick up what she was getting at.

he tilted his head, "what word?"

yue sighed, her patience still not lost though, "you called me your- your girlfriend."

"that's what you are, isn't it?"

yue choked slightly, her quiet cough coming out in an attempt to cover up the weird noise she had made, "i-i am?"

"yeah," he smiled, "you're a girl, and you're my friend. my girlfriend, right?" beomgyu chuckled, but it fell a bit short as he noticed the dejected look on her face.

"oh.. yeah, i guess so."

"why?" he looked forward, trying to ignore his burning cheeks and racing heart as he snuck a glance at her, "do you wanna be my actual girlfriend or something?"

within the span of two minutes, yue had choked twice. she even had to bend over, the poor girl coughing roughly into her arm. beomgyu patted her back gently, not being able to hold in his teasing laughter.

"how about you think about it? give me an answer tomorrow," beomgyu waved goodbye, and spun on his heels to walk back to the school for basketball practice.

"what are you doing?"

yue slowly looked up at the familiar sound of kai's voice, seeing the boy standing over her with an outstretched hand.

"are you having another existential crisis?" he whined, "please say no. the one in sixth grade was enough."

-

kai is probably my favorite character. i didn't go back to edit mistakes woops,, oh well i will one day sksks