─ twenty-four

october 31, 2018

"boo!" the smaller girl jumped at beomgyu when he closed his locker, "did i scare you?"

he shook his head, feigning fear, "ah."

her shoulders slumped, as she blew out a breath, "you're no fun." before she could walk away, beomgyu slipped something into her hand. as she looked down at the paper, he took it as his chance to walk away.

'spooky!drive-in movie theater, all night, only on halloween!'

on the bottom of the flyer, in neat handwriting, was:

'wanna go with me?'

if people weren't surrounding her, yue swore she would've screamed on the spot.

-

"kai~" she skipped into the classroom, plopping at her desk next to his, "guess what!"

"beomgyu finally put on some pants and asked you out," he bluntly guessed.

yue's eyes widened in surprise, "wait, how did you know?"

kai covered his mouth, shocked at himself, "wait i- i got it right? i was totally being sarcastic. i thought for sure it'd take him another year," he shrugged.

"but yeah, he asked if i wanted to go to the drive-in movies tonight with him."

"wait— tonight?" kai furrowed his eyebrows.

"yeah.. is something wrong?"

kai shook his head, "it's not funny, yue, you can drop the act. just tell beomgyu you'll go see a movie with him some other time."

now it was yue's turn to be confused, "why? what's wrong with tonight?"

kai scoffed, "you really don't know?" he looked away in disbelief, "never mind. clearly, it's not that important."

for the remainder of the class period, yue sat next to an angry, irritated kai. and all of that anger and irritation was pointed at her— she knew that, too. the worst part was that she really had no clue as to why he was mad.

maybe she should cancel on beomgyu, and try to work things out with kai.

and that's what she did.

-

okay i'm done updating for today. there will be a part two to this chapter, i'm just too lazy to write it now. love u guys :)