─ sixteen

april 13, 2018

"ah, so handsome!"

yue looked up to see the usual girls practically drooling over kai. she looked back down at her papers, using the tactic of tuning them out to continue her studying.

"kai, could you ask your fangirls to fangirl somewhere else? it's kinda hard to concentrate."

he looked over at the girls, noticing they weren't even looking at him, "i don't think it's me they're talking about."

yue looked up again, seeing they were looking past their table. turning her head, she saw beomgyu sitting alone at the corner of the library. oh, they're looking at him.

she sat back down, something sitting weird within her. what was this sensation she was feeling? she couldn't put a finger on it.

-

"excuse me?" a girl tapped on yue's arm, "do you know where beomgyu is?"

"why?" yue rose a brow, eyeing the letter in the other girl's hand.

"my friend has something she'd like to give him."

"he's in the classroom-" before she could finish her sentence, the girl nodded.

"great! c'mon," she pulled the other girl, "give him your letter! i'm sure he'll accept you."

hearing their conversation, yue's eyes widened, and before she could stop herself, she jumped in front of them, blocking the door way. "you can't go in there!"

the girl glared at her, "and why not?"

"b-because he's uh.. he's not here right now!"

"we can see him behind you," she deadpanned.

"well, you just can't go in, ok?"

the girl stepped forward trying to shove her way past yue, but the short girl held her ground.

"just move! it's not like he's your boyfriend or something!"

this comment made yue stop, which allowed the girl and friend to get by.

she was right; beomgyu wasn't her boyfriend. they were only friends. so why did she feel the need to stop the girl from confessing?

she turned slowly, just in time to see beomgyu being given the letter.

beomgyu looked up from his book, waiting for her to continue.

"h-hi. um, this is for you; i just wanted to say that i've thought you were cute for a long time and-"

"i'm not interested," he stood up with his bag, walking to the door where yue stood.

the girl and her friend watched him walk away, the one who wrote the letter breaking into tears.

"are you ready to go?"

yue just stared up at him, before slowly managing to nod.

"i'm ready if you are."