─ eleven

for some reason, yue felt nervous. why she felt that way? she had no clue.

her legs dangled just barely off the ground as she sat on the park bench, swinging her legs back and forth. she checked her wrist watch for, what felt like, the millionth time, seeing that 5:45 was approaching rather quickly.

"you're early."

she snapped her head up to see beomgyu standing above her.

she for once got to see him in something other than his uniform. he wore a black sweater, blue jeans, and white converse. though it was basic, he still looked good.

"so are you," she grinned, before standing up, "we have a little time to kill, so we can walk slowly."

he just nodded, not exactly knowing what to say, due to the fact that he was only there because of his guilty conscience.

"is it bad that i don't know your full name?"

beomgyu shrugged, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"ok, you caught me; i do know your full name," when he looked down at her, she raised her hands in defense, "i just wanted to start a conversation, but i know you're not much of a talker."

he once again left her without a response, continuing to walk forward.

she stepped up on the curb, beginning to walk it as if she were on a tight line; her arms out to keep balance as she steadily walked along, "don't worry," she stopped, turning to face him, "i'll talk for you."

beomgyu found it hard to suppress the involuntary smile that so badly wanted to make an appearance. he turned away, trying to ignore the subtle flutter of his heart.

"we're almost there! come on," yue excitedly announced.

beomgyu looked around at the barren park, noticing that they were approaching a hill. he looked on with curious eyes as she ran up the hill with so much enthusiasm.

"yah, you're gonna miss it!"

he continued at his slow pace, which caused the raven-haired girl to frown. she ran back down and stopped behind him, beginning to push his body up the hill.

beomgyu chuckled quietly at the impatience of the girl. he would never admit it, but he found her antics quite cute.

out of breath, yue placed a hand on her hip, using the other to wave at him, "close your eyes."

beomgyu rose a brow, her suspicious behavior raising alarms within him.

"just trust me," she looked back into his eyes, "you can do that, right?"

beomgyu hesitated, even though he knew she wasn't serious. could he really trust her?

she had never given him a reason not to; but she had never given him a reason to believe he could.

yet something propelled him to feebly nod at her, and bend down so she could place her palms over his eyes.

"one,"

her quiet voice was next to his ear, sending chills down his spine.

"two,"

his heart beat sped up, and his quiet breathing quickened.

"three!"

yue removed her hands from his eyes, revealing the surprise she had for him.

his eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the bright lights. but once everything was clear, beomgyu's breath had been taken away.

the park below them was lit up with small, paper lanterns, each one having a different drawing on it. they contrasted greatly from the, now dark, sky. something about the way they twinkled and swayed gently reminded him of the exuberant girl beside him.

"what do you think?" yue gazed at the lights, still awed by their picturesque quality, though she had seen them going on a hundred times.

he hadn't responded, causing her to glance over at him.

his eyes were wide and delighted, like a child's. for the first time, yue was witnessing him behave like a normal person; she was witnessing him feel.

"they're beautiful," he muttered. beomgyu couldn't describe the fuzzy feeling within him, as his eyes went from the lights, to the girl next to him. "thank you."

yue wasn't so annoying anymore; she was just trying to help him. and for now, she had definitely succeeded.

as he looked back at the oscillate lanterns, he smiled.

because he knew now what he was feeling,

he was feeling warmth.

yue's warmth, to be precise.