─ four

october 15, 2017

the small gift bag sat on her desk, as she stared it down

the small gift bag sat on her desk, as she stared it down. is this too much?

yue sighed, pulling beomgyu's umbrella out of the bag, looking at it. "it's too plain to just give it back though, right?"

she didn't know why she was so worried about how she was going to gift it back, but for some reason she couldn't stop stressing.

slipping it back in, she sighed, "it's fine, i'm just overreacting."

she grabbed the small bag, also petting her cat's head on the way out of her room, "bye, lucy!"

her grandmother sat at the kitchen table, reading the news paper, "have a nice day, yue, and remember to look both ways when crossing the street."

"of course, halmeoni. i'll come straight home after school to take you to your appointment, okay?" yue didn't wait for a response, as she slipped on her jacket and walked out the door.

she tried to practice how she would give the bag to him, probably looking like a freak to everyone who passed her.

"thank you, beomgyu," she bowed, but decided that that definitely wasn't it.

"thank you for the umbrella. it's pretty; where did you get it? it looks like one my grandma had- aish, yue, you're too much," the raven-haired girl tapped her head, hoping that would kickstart her thought process.

"hey, you," she pointed at an imaginary area, "thanks for the umbrella, but shouldn't you worry for yourself?" she tried her hardest to be menacing, but only ended up giggling quietly to herself.

"maybe i can try to be cute?" she blinked, tilting her head, "beomie, thank you for your umbrella. i used it well─"

"why are you talking to yourself?"

yue turned to him, trying to ignore the burning heat that expanded from her cheeks to the very tips of her ears, "ah, beomie- i mean, beomgyu!" she held out the bag for him, doing a full 90-degree bow, "thank you for your umbrella, i used it well."

he nodded, grabbing it gently. he took out the umbrella, and set the bag back in her hands, "thanks."

beomgyu walked past her, and she turned so her eyes could follow after him, "where are you going?"

"school. you were talking to yourself for too long."

his comment only worsened the red hue of her cheeks.