─ epilogue.

march 26, 2026

to say that this man was nervous would be the understatement of the century. in only a few short moments he would be walking down the aisle to take his lover's hand in marriage and commit to a life with only her. since meeting this girl, he knew she was the one. the one who he wanted to wake up next to each morning, the one he wanted to create a family with, and the one he wanted to spend his life next to.

why are you so nervous? you're about to do what you've wanted to do since the beginning.

he breathed out a long breath, smoothing his suit.

you've finally got the girl, man. chill out.

nodding his head, he convinced himself he was ready. but his feet still remained in place. a knock on the door startled him, causing him to jump slightly, "oh, yeonjun," he looked at the person who poked their head in.

"are you ready?"

he paused; was he really? this was a large commitment, and the weight of it sat heavily on his shoulders. but when he remembered who he would be waiting for to walk down the aisle, he nodded, finally gaining the confidence he needed.

"of course i am."

-

he stared deeply into her eyes, the ones he could never get enough of, as she completed her vows.

"do you, kai kamal huening, take thee, diana flora windsor, to be your wife, your friend, your faithful partner and love from this day forward?"

he continued to longingly stare into her pretty blue eyes, completely and utterly lost within them. from behind, beomgyu, his best man, elbowed him in hopes to snap him out of it.

"yes— i- i mean, i do!"

laughter rose among the crowd of the couple's closest family and friends, causing a rosy color to swirl on kai's cheeks.

"in the presence of your family and friends, do you offer your solemn vow to be her faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow?"

"i do," he grinned as a hawaiian breeze flowed by them, watching her light brown curls elegantly go along with the wind. as their officiant continued the vows, he couldn't help but wonder how she always managed to look so perfect.

"do you promise to love her unconditionally, to support her in her goals, to honor and respect her, to laugh with her and cry with her, and to cherish her for as long as you both shall live?"

"i do."

"by the power vested in me by the state of hawaii, i now pronounce you husband and wife. you may now kiss the bride."

as the newly-wed couple sealed the deal with a kiss, everyone erupted into cheers. behind kai, yue and beomgyu hugged in excitement, the two ecstatic at the fact that kai had finally found someone, like they had found each other.