─ twenty-two

september 14, 2018

yue made her way through the bleachers, three water bottles for her friends in her hands.

just as she sat down, she saw kai make a shot during their warm up, "woo, go kai!"

yeonjun, seeing her sit in the front row, ran over to the stands, "you made it!"

yue nodded and smiled a sweet smile, "of course! oh, and this is for you," she handed him his drink, "good luck!"

yeonjun winked, putting the lid back on after he took a sip, "with you here, i'm sure i'll do great."

she nodded, sending him a thumbs up. she fanned herself, looking around distastefully, "it's too hot in here. isn't there ac?"

yue soon realized that basketball was indeed boring when you had no clue of what was going on. but she did manage to tell our a cheer every time one of her friends made a basket.

yeonjun threw the ball up, and she watched with anticipation as it swished into the net, "good job, yeonjun!"

beomgyu clenched his jaw, dribbling the ball. he stood a bit farther back than yeonjun had, and threw the ball up. it sunk into the hoop, causing yue to clap excitedly. beomgyu couldn't help the smirk of satisfaction that perched on his lips as he looked over at yeonjun.

yeonjun moved back to half court, most people's eyes on him. "what's he doing?" yue thought out loud, quirking an eyebrow. yeonjun jumped up, the ball flying out of his hands, and surprisingly making it in. yue stood and cheered for her friend, absolutely amazed at his skills. "do you see him? that's my friend!" she asked the people around her, pointing down towards him.

when they went to go get their water, yeonjun leaned over to beomgyu, the smirk that was on beomgyu's face now on his, "if you wanna play this game, you should think about who you're challenging," he chuckled, before saying louder, "good job out there man." he turned around, pointing a finger gun at kai, "you too."

kai nodded, before shrugging off the random compliment. "gyu, can you hand me my water bottle?"

beomgyu didn't hear him, though. he roughly set down his water and stared angrily after yeonjun, before stalking off in a different direction.

"yeesh, it was just a question. guess i'll just get it myself," kai sighed, leaning towards one of the other guys trying out, "boys, am i right?"

-

ok hehe here's one more short chapter to end the night with. i hope you enjoyed it <3