─ three

october 6, 2017

yue walked out of her apartment building, trying to hurriedly put up her umbrella

yue walked out of her apartment building, trying to hurriedly put up her umbrella. she began to get angry at the item's refusal to cooperate, and ended up throwing the broken piece of metal into the trash bin.

checking her watch, the time read '7:25'. she could immediately feel her heart drop, as she started running in the direction of the coffee shop.

she was never late, but her alarm decided it didn't want to go off at the proper time; so there she was, running down the street towards the shop, hoping to get there before beomgyu showed up.

upon approaching the small cafe, yue could already see him sitting in the window, watching the rain fall.

she ruffled her soaked hair, and proceeded up the steps. the bell rung above her as she greeted the few customers, and chaeun, with a smile.

"i already have it ready for you," chaeun smiled, handing the drink over to a shivering yue.

yue smiled even harder, grateful for her thoughtfulness. somehow, she still had pep in her step as she approached beomgyu, who hadn't looked up at her yet.

"hello, beomgyu!" she greeted cheerfully, though her teeth chattered a bit as she did so. the cold didn't seem to affect her too much, but beomgyu could still see her light shivering.

"hi," was all he answered with. he knew he couldn't ignore her anymore; the girl had been bothering him for two weeks straight, and would only continue if he didn't say anything. he decided he would do the bare minimum to satisfy her, and then she would hopefully leave him alone.

they sat there silently, the two of them staring out the window. this is usually how their little "sit downs" would go. she would say hi, and then they'd sit in silence, yue occasionally chipping in a few words here and there, but never eliciting a response from him.

his deep and quiet voice had startled yue, as he suddenly spoke without reason,

"i hate the rain."

yue furrowed her brows, hoping for him to continue, but that was all he had to say.

"i like it, even though everyone hates it," she smiled, moving her finger so that it followed a drop of rain as it trickled down the window, "it's not it's fault that it has to fall. so why hate it?"

beomgyu looked over at her; her hair was stringy from being wet, and her cheeks were tinted red from the cold. looking away, he slid his umbrella to her side of the table.

"don't walk in the rain anymore. you'll get sick."

and with that, he got up, leaving yue to watch after him in shock.