─ twenty-eight

december 22, 2018

"so," the boy started, "first basketball game is tomorrow— you coming?"

yue chuckled with a shake of her head, "i told you i would, didn't i? you know i never break my word."

that was one thing about yue; she always kept her promises, whether they be as small as promising not to tell kai's mom he got a 72 on an exam, or as big as saying she'll always be there for him.

"well, yeah- i'm just making sure, okay? i play tomorrow and i really want you to be there."

yue adjusted the phone on her shoulder, "ok, ok, i will," biting her lip, she debated on asking the question that sat at the tip of her tongue, "uh—"

"yes, beomgyu is playing," she could practically hear his knowing smirk through the phone, "how's that going, by the way?"

yue grinned, suddenly shy though know one was around, "i don't know, he- he just says a lot of things that fluster me. nothing much, really."

"anything with beomgyu is something," kai sniggered, "the guy is a literal stone wall, so it's a surprise that he's willingly flirting with you."

yue thought back to when they had first met, when he had wanted absolutely nothing to do with her. though there are times where he most likely still feels that way, yue knows that he's changed; and that she was somehow the root of it.

"yeah, i guess so."

"i gotta go, but before i leave," some rustling could be heard over the line, before he spoke again, "you need to flirt back."

"but-"

"no buts! see ya later!"

so there yue sat, with not a clue in the world on how to flirt.

an idea came to her head, and even though she felt silly, she thought that there was no other solution.

"hey, siri?"

the familiar beeping noise sounded.

"...how do you flirt with a boy?"

it was completely silent for a solid five seconds.

"here's what i found on: how do you flirt with a boy."