Chapter 15: Ready for Takeoff

I wake up to the sounds of laughter and footsteps. The clock on the nightstand says 3:30. I get dressed in comfy sweatpants and a long sleeve sweater. Into the kitchen, I can smell coffee brewing. "Good morning sugar plum!", Chenelle says with energy.

Someone got laid and is feeling the after affects. "Good morning.", I mumble back with a small smile. My suitcase and duffel bag are not by the door anymore. Jacob must have packed them away in his truck.

"I made coffee, drink up pussycup."

I roll my eyes at the ebullience that consumes her this morning. "Thank you.", I manage to grumble out. She smiles widely, then blows at the hot coffee before taking a sip.

Jacob comes through the door. "Are you pretty ladies almost ready?" Who is he calling pretty? My hair is all over the place, dark circles under my eyes, I look anything but pretty.

"Baby, I should be the only woman you call pretty, unless we ever have a daughter, she would be an exception." Chenelle giggles and wraps her arms around Jacob's neck.

Nipping at her lips, "Is that right?", then proceeds to make out with her.

Chugging my burning hot coffee, warming me up inside, I need an escape from these two. Once my coffee is gone, I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. Trying my best to make this hair look presentable. I splash cold water onto my face to wake up further. Let's get this show on the road, right after I put a pair of sneakers on.

"Okay I'm ready.", walking back to the kitchen, Chenelle is on the counter with her legs wrapped around Jacob. God remind me to bleach the countertops when I get back. They stop what they're doing as soon as I enter, hopping down onto the floor.

"Alrighty let's go then!" I grab my house keys and lock all the doors before leaving. Goodbye old rancher, please look the same when I get back.

Jacob opens the back door of his truck for me. As soon as I'm settled in, he shuts it behind me. What a gentleman. He hops in onto the driver's seat. Chenelle getting in on the passenger side.

"Why didn't you open my door?", whining.

"Sorry babe, her door's closer." The engine roars to life. Her purrs sound amazing. Women go crazy over a man with a nice car. Not me. I go crazy over a man with a nice truck. The sound makes my panties wet. Not saying I'm crazy about Jacob. Hell no. In general I'm crazy about a man with a nice truck. Just kidding, it's the truck I'm crazy about, not the man. Off to the airport now.

~

"So, you actually banged a professional baseball player?", Jacob questions nonchalantly. I slap my hand onto my forehead. Why does Chenelle tell him my business? That was so personal, I didn't even want to tell her, this being the reason.

"Yea, and I would've gotten away with it to, if it weren't for your meddling wife and her big mouth." I groan at how annoying they are. Why did I agree to this?

Like love sick puppies, they can't keep their hands off each other. Chenelle scoots over into the bitch seat, cuddling Jacob while he drives. I slip earbuds into my ear and fall asleep.

"Hey. Hey! Hey. Hey! Heeeeeey." I wake up startled, banging my head off the window.

"Dammit Chenelle, what the hell?" She laughs at me.

"We are here!" Looking out the window, she's right. We've arrived at BWI. My stomach growls, so hungry I feel like I could throw up. I remember not eating much of anything yesterday. All I had today was that coffee Chenelle made. I'm glad we made it here safe, now we just have to find a spot to park.