Chapter 27: Who are you again?

I back the Tesla into my spot. In park, Jason gets out and let's Axel out. I stay inside the car, gathering my thoughts as to what the hell I'm going to say, or what the hell he wants. Jason taps on the window with a big smile on his face. I try to return the smile, but I'm way too anxious to even move. Don't know where he is, but I'm not taking any chances, I'm on full alert.

Finally, I manage to get out of the car. So does he, a black boot plants itself on the pavement. My appearance is the least of my worries, but I can tell he is going to look good, as he always had. Smoke rolls out of the window, hitting my nostrils, the scent of my past, lit to burn me up all over again.

He fully steps out, wearing a white tee, dark wash jeans, fawn colored hair slicked back, cheek bones shine through with each puff he takes. Tattoos art the canvas in which are his arms. He's hardly changed, I still see the boy inside this man.

Hard fawn stubble shows on his sharp jaw line. He shuts the car door and leans against it, legs crossed. My heart doesn't stop like it used to, it won't stop now. I'm panicking, I don't know what he wants, or how he found me, but here he is.

"Long time no see sweetheart." The sickening sound of his voice causes me to grind my teeth together. He takes another drag of his cigarette, blowing the fumes into my face, which makes me gag internally. He still smells the same, of cigarettes and leather.

Dark emerald eyes never leave me, he looks me up and down, stopping on my breasts. I fold my arms, blocking the view. He then looks into my eyes. "Mom? Who is that?", Axel asks.

God he must be frightened as a complete stranger acts this way around him, calling me 'sweetheart'. "Wow Sy, didn't even tell our son about me? To think I was the selfish one." I close my eyes, I didn't want Axel to find out this way. To see the true side of his father.

"Axel go inside." I look over at him and he just stands there, not listening. "Now." Obeying, he runs along, using the spare key under the flower pot to get in.

"Axel huh? What a dumb fucking name. My son is not a goddamn car part babe." Its not even spelled the same. Maybe if you were different, his name would be too. "Should've called him Dominic, or Braxton. What kind of name is Axel?"

Jason clears his throat. Chad's eyes shift from me, over to Jason. His jaw clenched, fists shoved in his pockets. "Who the hell is that Sydney? New fuck buddy? Still the same slut you've always been huh? Some things never change." Don't cry, don't let him hold any power over you. Stay strong.

Jason steps in front of me. "I'm her boyfriend actually. Would say it's nice to meet you, but I typically don't care for lying." Oh god, that's so hot. To hear him call himself my boyfriend turns me on.

"From what I've heard, you're still the same dickwad you've always been. Instead of insulting your own son, you should try to get to know him. He's a good kid, you wouldn't know that though, would you?" Chad stands up, no longer leaned against his car. He steps forward, all but toe to toe with Jason. Shoulders pushed back as he tries to make a stance. He has nothing on Jason, and they both know it. Jason towers over Chad, we all know he could kick his ass if need be.

"How'd you even find us Chad?", I ask, stepping out from behind Jason. The question has been killing me ever since I saw his vehicle. Axel and I just moved here not long ago. I don't talk to many people, as I don't blab my business either. So the only person I can even think of who had connections with this dickweed is-.

"Chenelle. I figured it was time to meet my son, considering I got some other bitch knocked up. The only difference is, I decided to stay with this one."