Chapter 41: Still Hanging On

Later that night, Jason and I traveled to pick Axel up from Tanner's. I'm so blessed to have Jason here to help me out for the time being. He told me when he has to leave, that he will supply John to take me to my destinations. That's won't be necessary, I'm not going to rely on anyone.

Jean agonized how Axel is such a good boy. That he washed his dirty dishes and picked up after himself. I'm glad he was respectful, I'm truly pleased. She said he is welcomed back anytime.

Axel mentioned to Jason and I what a great time he had. When we went to pick him up, he didn't want to come home. I understand that he likes spending time with his friend, but I really missed him.

Making dinner for my boys, we decided on chicken and rice. Knife in hand, I chop the chicken into cubed like pieces. The skillet is hot and ready to seer the food. I already cooked the rice. I just need to fry the chicken and broccoli.

The table is set, there's even pretty pink place mats. Fine white dishes and crystal clear glass, I even put out fancy yellow napkins. Everything is so bright, just how I like it.

Right now Jason and Axel are outside playing catch. My heart aches with love and appreciation. This is exactly what I've been praying for. Axel to have a man to bond with, go to for advice that I can't give.

Once the chicken is golden brown and complete, I throw it in with the broccoli and rice. The house smells so yummy, but it's hot. So I open up the kitchen windows. Out the window, I can already see that Axel has grass stains all over his jeans. It's okay, but they are a bitch to get out. I'm just glad he's having fun.

Jason is crouched down, his back faces me, waiting for Axel to throw the ball. As soon as I'm about the place the pot on the table, on top of the place mats, I hear Axel speak.

He steps closer to Jason, still crouched down on Axel's level. "Jason...do you love my mom?" Oh no.

Jason takes his glove off and places it in the green grass. "I do Axel. I care a lot for your mom. Just like I care about you."

"Wait...you care about me?"

"Of course! You're my favorite little dude. I love spending time with you. You're a wonderful kid. Thanks for taking care of your mom while I'm away." Axel hurries to wrap his arms around Jason. Shocked, it takes Jason a minute to comprehend the action, but returns the gesture, patting his back lightly.

"I'm so glad you're here. I really like you. My mom does too. She doesn't know it, but I always hear her when she writes in here diary. It's weird but she reads it out loud when she's finished, 'Jason's so so so hot. He's amazing, I just can't get enough of him. I love his big cock-'"

"Woah woah there bud slow down. Don't ever repeat that again alright? A young pure man like you shouldn't use vulgar language. When you're mom writes, that's private, okay? So be respectful and give her some privacy, please."

Oh. My. God. I'm never reading out loud again! I didn't even know he listened!!! I dip my head down embarrassed and disgusted. But I can't look away. Axel looks at Jason dumbfounded, mouth open, utterly confused.

"What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure she meant that you own a cockroach. I'm surprised mom loves it so much, especially if it's big. She freaks out at the smallest spider." Jason turns his head and laughs, trying not to show his slip up.

"Um yea, let's just go inside now kiddo." Jason stands, then throws Axel over his shoulder like he's the hulk. Screeching screams come from Axel, they both laugh as Jason charges for the door.

"Argh, we have to get inside before the aliens get us!" Shit!

I hurry up and gather the food, collecting myself before they enter. I hide the smile that's on my face; from when Jason picked Axel up. I'm glad he was there to guide Axel in the proper direction. I don't believe in hitting kids, even though Axel said a bad word, I would never hit him, or make him eat soap.