Chapter 52: Follow the Rules No One Gets Hurt

"Where are we going Mom?", Axel asks as we leave in the same car Jason bought. The same car I said he can have. The car I'm supposed to pay off. Ever since Jacob said all those nasty things last night, has me thinking.

Jason, never really did invite me to any games. Just that one, but only because he wanted to make the announcement about us. Sadly, I don't think there ever will be an us again. So I'm going to invite myself, and I'm bringing three people along. We're all going to spend the weekend in Philadelphia, PA.

Never been there, don't aspire to be, but I'm going to support him. Whether he wants me there or not, I have to watch him. I've missed so many games because they were away, but not now. He won't even know we are there. I already purchased the tickets, so there's no going back.

Jacob tried calling, left multiple voicemails and text messages. Apologizing for his behavior, but he can't take back what's been said. I decided to just leave it where it lies and ignore him, like everyone else I'm in contact with. I don't need someone who only wants me for one thing, and that's exactly what Jacob wanted. There's so much more to life than sex.

"It's a surprise sweetness. It's going to be a long drive, but well worth it. Now I'm going to pick someone up on the way, but it's okay. I promise."

I would never intentionally put Axel in danger, especially since I'm expecting. Still haven't told Ax that. I'm waiting for the right opportunity. He already has two brothers, and two more siblings on the way. Poor kid has a hectic life.

The only down side is that it's raining. I believe it is to for the duration of the day. Axel and I are both ready, thankfully. I'm wearing brown combat boots, skinny jeans that hug my curvy hips, and a multi colored flannel, colors of blue, gray, and white. All the colors that represent us. Jason's gray eyes that turn dark blue, or puffs of a dark cloud. My boots match my eyes.

Axel is wearing a pair of boots too, little steel toes, boot cut jeans, and a dark brown flannel, with bits of dark green. We look adorable. "Let's take a picture baby!" Shoulders slumped, a frown on his face, he just stands there and stares at me. I giggle, his beautiful curly brown hair hangs right above his eyes. "You need a haircut Ax."

Instantly touches his hair, horror written on him. "No! Not my hair!" I love his hair to. I only said that so he'd come take a picture with me. I'm horrible.

"Then come get a picture and we won't cut it." He rushes over as if saying deal. I crouch down to his level, and stick my arm out. "Smile!" We both show our pearly whites. Snap. "Perfect! Thanks babe." I kiss him on the cheek. He rubs my kiss away and yacks. "You're so mean. Are you going to do that to your future girlfriend?"

"I'll never have a girlfriend. No one wants me." Hmph. I pat him on the back, and pull him tight against me.

"Sweetheart, you don't need a girlfriend right now. You're only nine! Wait until you're eighteen, girls won't be able to keep their hands off of you. Just enjoy the freedom while you can." I ruffle his hair before releasing him.

Can't believe he already wants a girlfriend. What's so great about relationships anyway? I touch my stomach. You're the only good thing that came out of mine.

"Alright kiddo, let's get going."

~

Wow! Driving in the city is nothing like driving in Coldwater. For the past half hour, I've been getting honked at, flipped off, yelled at because of my small-town driving.

The traffic here is horrific, bumper to bumper, which I'm not at all used to. Here, people cut each other off, but I suppose they have to, just to get where they're going.