Chapter 28: What Matters More?

Back home, we let ourselves in. The cool air welcomes us, deluding the warm summer air. Still in the same clothes as last night, I feel grungy. It's time to take a quick shower, then go to bed. "Baby? Did you want a shower? I'm planning on taking one." He smirks at me, as dirty thoughts float through his head.

"Is that an invitation? Fiend, your son is in the next room babe. Bad bad girl." I go to slap his arm playfully, but he catches it, yanking me closer to him. Chest to chest, he grabs one of my ass cheeks, and I yelp.

"No Jason, separately. We both need sleep, especially with us going to the park tomorrow. You're the bad one, bad boy." He growls into my ear and picks me up, hands tight on my ass, I can tell that's going to leave marks.

He lays me on the bed, then crawls on top of me. Removing my flannel and shirt, he draws a line from my stomach up underneath my bra with his fingertip. Pushing the bra up above my breasts, his tongue meets my nipple.

Nibbling, he begins to suck on the peak, leaving his mark. He takes my hand and places it on his crotch, I can feel the erection grow under my fingertips. "I'm far from a boy sweetheart." Taking my hands, he puts them above my head and goes in on my breasts once more. Kissing, tugging, licking, kneading the tender flesh, I moan out from all the caressing.

"God, I'm going to burst just looking at you. Hearing you moan, the expressions your big eyes make, that fuck me look you constantly flash. Shit. I need to get the hell out of this room. I'll take you up on that shower, business needs to be taken care of before bed." As quick as he hopped on, he hops off and disappears into the depth of pure pleasure.

The window in my bedroom is cracked. Laying on the bed, hearing the wind blow, I close my eyes, my nipples perky, out in the open. Sprawled out onto the bed, on top of the blankets, I drift off to a sleeping wonderland.

"Baby?" A gentle hand caresses my cheek. Eyes flutter open to see Jason hover over me in nothing but a white cotton towel, snugly wrapped around his waist. Instantly I smile and bite my bottom lip.

He smiles back, kissing my forehead with lingering lips. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him towards me. Moisture still inhabits his skin, dripping onto my breasts. He lays on my chest, pressing all weight on me, I don't even mind.

Lips against his ear, "Do you think I'm a quitter?", I softly ask. I nibble on his lobe, combing hands through his damp hair.

He shoots back and graces me with a stricken face, so beautiful but serious. "Why the hell would you even ask me that?" Trying to pull him back to me, he looks offended and strays away.

Turning my head in his direction, "I had a dream after you left me...that you didn't want me because I'm nothing but a quitter. Because I gave up on us and didn't go after you to try and figure out why I wasn't good enough. I just quit.."

An exaggerated sigh leaves his lips. A hand grips the towel, securing it. The other hand runs through his hair. Water droplets scatter around the room, raining. Itching the back of his neck, "I don't know what to say in order to convince you that you're not at fault here." I spring up from the bed in sitting position, eyeing him.

"Jason, you tried contacting me so many times to explain, and I just ignored you. We could've mended us sooner if it weren't-." Interrupted, Jason makes his way closer.

"Don't finish that fucking sentence." Cupping my face in his hands, he steals the tears, holding them on his thumbs. He kisses my forehead and stares into my eyes. "I was the one to cause this mess. Baby you are not a damn quitter, let's just put this behind us now. We won't quit on each other, got it?" I nod my head. He dips down to land a kiss on my lips.