Chapter 39: Summer Winters Summer Losers

We didn't skip dinner. John pulled right in front of the restaurant; as soon as Jason barked the orders to stop driving. Jason exited the car and opened my door, helping me out, stepping out with both feet. He pulls my dress down, to cover up what we did. His hands map my body, staying at the small of my back.

Guiding me inside the fancy restaurant, people aren't even allowed to smoke outside on the property. Everyone else is dressed up, so I don't feel out of place at all. Though, it is quite overwhelming, when we walk through the doors, all eyes are on us. Jason tugs me closer into his side. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.

Tall ceilings, a two story restaurant, all white walls, a split stair case, up above us, a beautiful chandelier hangs. There are centerpieces on every table! I've never seen such a thing, only in movies have I seen lovely décor. The room is brightly lit, sensual.

The host doesn't even make us wait, or question why were are late as he leads us to a table near the window, a view of the beautiful Pittsburgh ahead of us. Jason pulls my chair out for me, once seated, he pushes me in until I'm comfortably close to the table. I look up and thank him.

Once seated, he places a black napkin on his lap, I follow his lead. The colossal menus have limited options. The foreign writing frightens me. There's no description of the meal, no pictures, just a name I cannot pronounce.

Jason closes his menu and I squint, trying to comprehend what is written. Another red flag with this place, the silverware. I don't obtain proper etiquette, I feel so inadequate along Jason's lifestyle.

As if Jason notices my frown, "The salmon is delectable." I trace my eyes over the menu, not even noticing the salmon. I offer a small smile and agree on that.

The waiter approaches our table. Jason orders a scotch neat, and a glass of wine for the lady. We both have ordered our entrees. Jason asked if I wanted any appetizers, but I politely declined. I don't plan on eating dessert either.

Just to spark up a conversation, "So...what errands did you run?" He looks at me hard, no emotion on his face.

Lifting his glass, the rim touches his lips as the thick amber liquid seeps into his mouth, taste buds bathe in the crude sensation

Lifting his glass, the rim touches his lips as the thick amber liquid seeps into his mouth, taste buds bathe in the crude sensation. One arm propped on the table, his legs open wide, he looks sideways at me. I'm taken by his beauty, the way his Adam's apple bobs with each swallow.

Setting his drink down, he clears his throat, "I went to the police department." A flash of terror steals my calmness. What trouble is he in? Does this have anything to do with the abuse case he mentioned? "Don't overreact baby. I was only giving Officer Cholka my autograph." I stop gripping the hem of my dress, the beats of my heart slow. "And free tickets to the next Baltimore game..."

I quirk an eyebrow. Why? Cholka didn't ask for tickets.

He just wanted a photo with Jason's signature. Then it hit me. Scott. "What did you do to him Jason?", I ask cautiously.