four | crush

Sora made a stop at McDonalds and ordered two big macs, one large fries and an ice-cream cone. He didn't even bother asking me what I had wanted before he handed his money to the cashier and left, letting the girl stare after him in awe.

"Why aren't you eating anything?" Sora asked, stuffing his face with fries.

"Not hungry," I merely answered, staring out the window as Sora ate like an animal.

"You skipped lunch and dinner," Sora pointed out, making me raise a brow at him. How did he know I had skipped lunch? "That's not healthy."

"We literally just met," I repeated myself, rolling my eyes.

Sora chuckled before pigging down the ice-cream. My stomach growled in response as I silently cursed my body, earning a satisfied grin from him. "Eat the fries."

I shook my head.

"Is it because you need to watch your weight?" Sora asked, his expression ceased of emotions. He was being serious now. What was up with him?

"Yes and no."

"At least have an ice-cream cone," he offered.

It did sound tempting...

I threw him a glare as I got up, earning a winning grin from him before I trudged away from him, silently cursing at him. I ordered an ice-cream cone and a small bag of fries before walking back to our table with the goods in my hands.

"Come on, it's getting late," he said after glancing at his watch. "The good girl needs to get home before curfew."

I raised an eyebrow at him as he rose from his seat. "I'm not a good girl."

Sora rose a suggestive eyebrow. "A bad girl, then?"

I crinkled my nose in disgust. "No. I do whatever I want. I don't need a title for it."

Sora nodded slowly as he beckoned for me to head out first and I heard him follow suit to the car. "Don't eat in my car."

I ended up eating in his car and for the entire car ride, he threw a fit like a child. It was interesting to see him lose his cool.

-

Last night when I had come home, I didn't find anyone staying up, waiting for me. It had grown into an expectation ever since my mother had married Adam. I was used to the broken promises and disappointments and now, didn't expect anything from her. As a matter of fact, she taught me not to expect anything from anyone.

Closing the locker with a gentle click, I let out a sigh before walking to my first class which happened to be AP History. I chewed on my lip -a habit I had picked up when my mother married Adam- and walked inside the classroom to my usual seat, astonished when I found Sora already sleeping on the desk beside mine.

I slipped into my seat and fixed the tight, stupid plaid skirt that reached just the middle of my thighs. I tried to pull it down but to no avail, cursing my mother for buying a skirt that wasn't my size.

Loud voices began to become apparent as a boy who was just under six foot walked in, his light brown eyes smiling in the bright light and I couldn't help but sit up straight, my heart beat slowly revving. I played with the ends of my hair as I watched with eyes lit up, the baseball player slipping into his seat which was situated on the other side of the classroom.

"Evans!" a girl squeaked out as the baseball player laughed when he threw a paper ball at her as if to gain her attention.

"Someone has a crush," a sleepy voice said as I jumped in my seat, forgetting that Sora was right beside me. I slowly turned my head to the side to see him laying his head on his arm, his head turned to the side to face me with a smirk. "Evans, was it?" He didn't even need to look up.