epilogue | just the beginning

It has been six months since I graduated high school, escaped the toxic presence of my mother and her new family, and finally found my place alongside my father.

During the summer, I had decided to work with my father at his company and helped out his employees seeing as he suggested it might become a hobby of mine and something to share between us. I had also worked part-time at Chloe's studio, teaching little children with potential all in while practising my own routines. Sora, on the other hand, had gone on a little vacation to visit his mother in New Zealand with his brother, Juls, and had reportedly had the time of his life there.

When Sora had returned from his trip, he decided to invest his time into making into an Olympic Swim team seeing as it had been one of his dreams, especially after withdrawing from the underground fighting club. He had gained my father's approval and visited me in the city three times a week, four if he wasn't busy with his schedule. I would go over to Martha and Liam's house every second Saturday night to have dinner with them while my father went on dates in hopes of meeting the right person.

"Babe, stop looking at the picture and come help me!" I heard Sora shout, invading my thoughts as I glared at him behind my shoulder. "Look, I may look strong and all but right now, this tv isn't doing me any justice." I chuckled and placed the baby photo of Sora down on the coffee table before rushing to the other side of the tv outside of our apartment.

After Sora and I got accepted into NYU, we had flown out to New York and went apartment hunting seeing as we'd rather have our own space than to share a dorm with someone we barely knew. My father had offered to pay for the expenses and bills of the apartment until Sora and I landed a part-time job. It wasn't long until my father had offered me a small job at his company that was located in New York, to help me learn more about the advanced technology world and help him spy on his employees. Sora, on the other hand, was helping his brother build an international corporation and became one of the managers of a department for his brother's company.

I wasn't going to lie, we were beyond privileged and to have jobs handed to us by family members. But we knew not to take it for granted, ever. We had appreciated the finer things in life and appreciated every moment, joy or not, that the universe had thrown at us.

Sora's phone began to ring as we quickly settled the small tv on its stand before he frowned at the screen the picked up his phone and answered it. "Michael, I'm busy-"

Sora's eyes blinked then nodded before he sighed, hanging up then tucked his phone inside his pockets.

I cocked my head to the side, confused. "What did he want?"

Sora smiled at me. "Michael finally landed and he's on his way to our place."

"We haven't even finished unpacking or decorated yet," I responded with a sigh as my eyes at the small apartment that Sora and I loved so much.

"Luce, it's only been two weeks," Sora said with a small smile as he approached me and pulled me into his arms. "We have plenty of time."

I rolled my eyes, knowing that he was right as he kissed my forehead in a loving manner before guiding me out the door. As we descended the staircases of the building seeing as the elevator was currently broken, Sora talked about our plans for the next few weeks of trying to settle into the new city and quickly adapt before the semester started.

"Ah, there's the love birds!" I heard a familiar voice exclaim right when Sora and I walked out of the lobby, my eyes lighting up at the sight of a tall male with a wide smile on his face. Sora let go of my hand, allowing me to run into his arms as Michael chuckled and embraced me tightly. "Hello, Luce. It's been a long time, hasn't it?"