thirty-three | quit

With our last day at bora bora island, the four of us had just swam a lot, enjoyed each other's company and hunted for good places to eat seeing as it was our last time that we get to experience this freedom and paradise. On our flight home, Sora had mentioned something about his fight and had invited Michael and Bianca to his show and they had both accepted seeing as they were going to be free. I was automatically invited seeing as I was his new girlfriend.

My father had met me by the airport and had greeted me with wide arms. I had also learnt that my father was more affectionate than my mother so I had to get used to these kind of greetings but I wasn't going to lie, I didn't mind it at all.

Sora and Michael went home together while Bianca had a limousine waiting for her and had been told that Mr. Walker was waiting for her inside. She had gave me a reassuring look as if she knew she was going to be lectured before entering the limousine while I watched it drive away.

My father had suggested we go out to eat for dinner but I had informed him that I was exhausted and needed some rest. He had agreed and said that he needed to get some things done at the office anyways so he dropped me off at home before venturing to his workplace.

As I descended down the stairs after my long nap, I realised that this was the first time I was truly alone at my new place. My father wasn't present but he had told me that if I needed anything or was unsure of the place, I was able to ask Rena, his house robot. I had authority to her anyways.

"Rena," I called, biting my lip as I looked around the kitchen for something to snack on.

"How can I be of assistance, Miss Raelyn?" Rena's loud robotic voice made me jump in surprise.

"Is there anything for dinner?" It couldn't hurt to ask.

"Mr. Raelyn has chicken fettuccine last night and had made some leftovers in the fridge," she answered politely but I didn't even want to ask how she knew what my father had last night. And as if reading my thoughts, she spoke again. "Your father had a date last night and cooked for her. It hadn't gone well."

I frowned, surprised by her knowledge of these kind of things. "How do you know?"

"He ranted to me about it after dinner."

I couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of my father talking to a robot, letting out his feelings and frustrations over a dinner date. Although, I did feel a little bit sad that I wasn't there for him now that I lived here.

"I'm home!" I heard my father exclaim from the front door while I heated up the chicken fettuccine then poured myself a glass of orange juice. I turned around to see my father taking off his suit jacket and placed it on the kitchen counter, staring at me with an exhausted smile. "It's nice to say that to someone other than Rena."

I chuckled. "How was work?"

Edward shrugged. "An employee traced a hacker that had been attacking our fire walls but other than that, it was fine."

"People still work at nine at night?"

Edward smiled and nodded. "I do have the most dedicated employees. Some actually want to meet you because they're huge fans of your work."

I blinked. "They're not work at all."

Edward tilted his head at me with a raised brow. "Please, your teacher, Chloe told me otherwise."

I haven't seen Chloe in so long that it felt like years. "I should pop into the studio tomorrow."

Edward nodded. "I am now paying for your school fees and dance lessons seeing as Adam is now broke."