thirty-seven | say it back

It was ridiculous when Michael dropped me off as I ran inside the airport while I was still wearing my prom dress, the heels that I had ditched earlier in Michael's car.

Ignoring everyone else's abnormal glances, something I wouldn't have done if I hadn't met Sora, my eyes darted around searching for him. I began to panic when I darted around the airport, my bare feet going numb until my eyes landed on two elderly couple that was just coming out of Starbucks Coffee.

"Martha, Liam!" I exclaimed. I didn't see the couple in weeks so it was a relief when they returned the same amount of excitement when they saw me.

"You look beautiful!" Martha exclaimed with a wide smile until she glanced at my expression, her smile disappearing. "What's wrong?"

I was running out of breath. "Where's Sora?"

It was Liam's turn to respond. "We just checked him in. If you want to catch him, he's at McDonalds but he should be going through security soon."

I thanked the couple before running to McDonalds, following the signs that led the to fast food place. I bit my lip, excusing myself as I ran past people while holding my dress up, my eyes darting around for a tall, handsome male. Time was running out, I could feel it.

Once I reached McDonalds, Sora was nowhere to be found. My heart slightly broke at the thought that Sora had already left as I took out my phone, staring at the locked screen of Sora and I glancing at each other with wide smiles.

"If you're looking for that handsome man, he left a little bit over two minutes ago in that direction," a young man said with a kind expression as he pointed to the left. I breathed a sigh of relief and thanked him as I bolted in the direction the male had pointed me in.

"Did you find him?" Bianca questioned beside me, breathing heavily beside me as she tried to catch her breath, Michael behind her.

I shook my head before glancing at multiple lines, preparing themselves to get onto the escalator. As I chewed on my bottom lip, my eyes landed on a tall, handsome male that I had been looking for all night. He was still in his suit and tie but his suit jacket had been taken off and his tie was nowhere to be found.

He was handsome, even while waiting in line.

"Go," Michael whispered to me.

With one word, my legs made a move as I pushed my way through the line, apologising to every person I may have slightly harmed. People were shouting at me and it was enough to grab Sora's attention as his wide eyes met my panicked ones, his mouth moving as if to say anything but couldn't.

Once I reached the middle of the line, I pulled Sora out of it and wrapped my arms around him. I kissed him, hard as I felt his arms wrap around my waist tightly, pulling me in closer.

"I love you," I said confidently, the words escaping my lips the moment I pulled away as my heart leaped when I said those words out loud to the person who was meant to hear them. Sora's hazel eyes widened in shock as he caressed my cheek, shaking his head in amusement. "I love you and I always have and always will,  Lockhart. I love you so much." By this time, tears were streaming down my cheeks as I pulled him in for a tight embrace, hoping he would accept my love.

"You amaze me every single fucking time," Sora whispered inside my ear as he kissed the top of my head. "I love you, too."