eleven | crush

To my astonishment, Sora and I got an A plus on our essay as I looked over at him, meeting his curious eyes before giving him a strained smile. Sora tilted his head back in confusion at this new emotion I've revealed to him before chuckling as if he thought my smile was hilarious.

"I think a natural smile would've sufficed," Sora teased as he reached for my chin and tapped underneath it, winking in the process before pulling back.

Stunned at the sudden gesture, I blinked at him and threw a textbook at him -which he had caught with ease- before casting him a glare.

"At least I'm getting more reactions than I did before," he muttered to himself with a chuckle before tearing his gaze away from me.

I wanted to tear his stupid smirk from his face so bad.

Classes had flown by stupidly fast as I opened my locker, stuffing my books in it before taking out my backpack, knowing that my lunch would be eaten in the dance room. I was about to turn and walk in the direction of the dance room until I stopped myself from walking into Evans who was already dressed up in his Baseball uniform.

"Hey, Lucinda, I just wanted to apologise for the other day-"

I held a hand up to stop him but the moment Evans flinched, embarrassment tinted my cheeks. Evans blinked at me, causing me to clench my jaw as I looked into his eyes, realising that my heart no longer fluttered at the sight of him. And boy, was I thankful for that. "Don't bother."

Evans realised that I wasn't going to get physical as he cursed under his breath and was about to open his mouth to speak until I turned on my heel and stormed away, catching a few heads to turn our way.

"Hey, Luce-!" I heard Sora call out as I refused to turn my head to face him and continued to storm to the studio. He must've realised something was wrong because before I could wipe the tears that were unconsciously free-falling my eyes, I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me around.

I frowned at him, wiping my tears away while he watched with narrowing eyes. "What, Sora? What on Earth do you have to bother me about now?!"

Sora blinked at me, his face emotionless. "Who did this to you?"

I let out an exasperated sigh. "It's none of your business, Sora, leave it alone."

Sora gripped both of my shoulders and slightly bent down to meet my eyes -considering our height differences- before gently shaking me. "Tell me who did this to you."

I stared at him fearlessly and scoffed, folding my arms over my chest. My lips remained sealed.

"Fine, if you don't tell me then I'll find out for myself," Sora whispered in such a quiet tone, it became slightly scary.

I watched him walk away, fists clenched as he walked across the small field and towards the direction where I had just come from.

What on Earth was he going to do now?

-

Sora

Blood boiled in my veins when I caught tears escaping Luce's soft, brown eyes. Flickers of hurt and frustration were evident in them and all I wanted to do was comfort her but I didn't know how to when it came to those kind of things.

I had been leaning against the wall with a hoodie over my head, gazing across the field with wandering eyes until I spotted a familiar short figure. She had been storming across the field in the direction of her dance room and something inside me kicked into overdrive as if I had felt the need to bother her before making my way across the field towards her.

Snapping out of my own world, I approached the nearest group of people -which happened to be girls- that were leaning against their lockers. A few girls hushed each other once they saw me approaching them as they stood taller and adjusted their tight-fitted plaid skirts before sending me their very best sweet smiles.

"Hey, did you guys catch who Luce was talking to?" I asked, deciding to straight for it instead of beating around the bush.

The girls raised a brow, bemused. "Who?"

I sighed. "Lucinda. The one that does dancing."

One of the girls made a face. "I saw her talking to Evans and I-"

With that name leaving her mouth, I immediately stormed towards the Baseball field, knowing that prick had practice today as I had seen his team walking towards their field. I clenched my jaw with anger as the image of Luce's eyes tearing up made me want to throw a punch at anyone.

Evans made her cry.

I hated boys who made a girl cries.

"Yo, Evans!" I shouted the moment I stepped on the field, picking a baseball up from the ground before easily throwing it with such strength towards him.

Evans turned around, his reflexes kicking in as I watched him lift his bat in the air and knocked the ball to the end of the field. His team mates cheered for him but Evans's face dawned with a slight fear and worry. "What do you want, Lockhart?"

I drew my hand back, clenching my fists and was about to throw a punch at him when I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. Evans and I frowned as Evans looked behind me, guilt now surfacing in his eyes. I tore the small hands away from my waist gently before taking a step forward and turned around to find Luce standing there, pink cheeks tinted in embarrassment.

"Don't do it," Luce whispered, her eyes dropping the floor and the girl I knew that was so strong-willed and fearless now looked fragile before me.

I snapped my head to Evans who had his eyes set on Luce. "One last chance, Evans."

Evans knew that I knew what he had done to Luce.

Half an hour later, I found myself sprawled on the football field with Luce beside me as she stared up at the sky. We laid there silently, as if the gentle wind that seemed to cloak us was enough as it was.

"I don't want any drama because of me," I heard Luce say, my head slightly turning to face her. "I don't want to be the centre of anything at all."

I frowned. "So, you still have feelings for Evans, huh?"

Luce chuckled. "Fortunately, I don't. I realised that today, actually." Luce turned her head to the side and faced me, a small, natural smile tickling her lips before pulling herself up. "Thank the heavens."

The bell rang, signalling that lunch was over.

"I have to get to dance class now," Luce announced as she got to her feet and brushed the grass off her pants. She turned around, her head blocking the sun that had been blinding me as she looked down at me with a blank face before walking off without so much as a goodbye.

You never realised how much you have liked someone until you watched them liked someone else.

God damn it, I have a crush.