seventeen | cry

I woke up to the sound of male voices echoing inside the house, forcing me to get out of bed and grabbing a bat -yes, I've learnt from the last time- on the way out of my room. As I walked down the hallway, the sun became brighter, blinding me to full extent that I had to lower my guard and rub my eyes.

"Oi, Luce!" The Australian accent was enough to tell me who it was. "Mornin', sweetheart." I squinted and looked over the railings to see Sora in his uniform with Michael beside him, dressed in new black clothing as he saluted me as a greeting.

I didn't even say a word to them before turning my back and began my journey to my room.

"Good morning, Mr. Lockhart and Mr. Van Der Wall," I heard Kai say, halting in my tracks as sleep slipped through my fingers.

"Good morning to you too, Kai," Sora said with a chuckle. "So, what's for breakfast today?"

Five minutes later and I've found myself sitting on a dining table with Michael and Sora with breakfast food all laid out on the table. It was a foreign feeling as I had never eaten at this table, ever. And yet here I was, facing Michael and Sora as they teased each other about something that I had no idea about and it suddenly felt like I belonged somewhere. Strange, wasn't it?

"Hey, what are you going to do today?" Sora asked Michael, snapping me out of my own world as I turned my attention to him who was staring off in the distance.

"I have to go to class today then go home and pack some things and find a place to live," Michael answered with a casual shrug as if moving out of his family's house was not a big deal.

Sora nodded, sipping on his orange juice. "Martha and Liam love you, you should stay at mine longer."

Michael shook his head. "That's not a good idea."

Sora made a face at him. "Just stay at mine until you find another place to live, alright?"

My choked on my toast when Michael grabbed Sora and hugged me tightly, tears dancing in the corners of his eyes. "Thanks, man."

Sora was stunned as he patted on Michael's shoulder. "Next time, warn me if you're gonna hug me."

I slightly chuckled at them, earning a look from the two of them. It was Michael's turn to speak as he picked up his fork and punched it into my hash brown. "Thanks, again."

I tilted my head in confusion. "What?"

"For taking me in."

I rolled my eyes and wiped my mouth with a napkin before getting off my seat. "What did you say we were again?"

Michael chuckled. "Friends."

I gave him a soft smile. "That's what friends do for one another."

As I walked away, I thanked Kai before heading up the stairs to my room and just before I closed the door behind me, I heard Sora yell, "what about me?!"

Michael had left for class, leaving Sora and I to travel to school together. Sora had offered me a ride and I couldn't deny it seeing as he was adamant on giving me one.

"Wanna meet up for lunch?" Sora asked as we stood on separate paths, one that led to the left side of campus and the other led to the right.