thirty-four | michael

Sora had decided to stay over at my place for three days seeing as he wanted the wounds to heal before confronting Martha and Liam. He knew there would still be marks but at least the bruises and cuts would have faded by the time he returned home.

My father had graciously allowed Sora to stay seeing as Sora had told him that he was my boyfriend and had given solid reasons for him to stay. Sora didn't lie to my father, in fact, he told him the absolute the truth without the context and background.

My father didn't question it and said that if we needed anything, I had access to Rena and he was only a phone call away or he was in his home office.

When we had come home yesterday, Sora was amazed by the place my father owned and did not blink for a single second as he examined every detail and every decor. My father had excellent taste, that I was going to admit.

"Come on, we need to get up," I said, trying to nudge Sora away from me only to have him pull me against him again. He kissed the back of my neck before laughing when I kicked him off the bed, falling onto the ground with a thud.

A second later, my father barged into the room, concern adorning his features. "Are you okay, Luce?" He then proceeded to frown as he glanced at Sora who peeked from behind the bed, looking guilty. "What is the name of Satan is he doing in your room, Lucinda Grace Raelyn?"

I shot up from my bed and panicked for a second until a smile danced on my father's lips. I sighed in relief as I got out of bed -fully clothed- before approaching my father with an excuse ready at hand.

"Sora didn't want to sleep in the guest room," I said, pointing my finger at the boy who's jaw hung at my finger.

Sora gulped and stood, revealing his shirtless upper half, causing my father's smile to slowly disappear. "Yes, Mr. Raelyn, I found the guest room quite lonely."

"Would you like to sleep in my room then?" Edward questioned with a playful smile as he raised a brow at Sora who only gulped in return. "I get quite lonely too."

I couldn't help but chuckle at Sora's pale reaction.

"I'm kidding," Edward said, eyeing Sora as if to tell him that he wasn't. "I trust you both and you are almost adults so please, use protection."

I crinkled my nose at my father who laughed at his own joke then made a serious face before leaving Sora and I to our own business. I shot Sora a look of bewilderment as he only shrugged before pulling a shirt over his head and walked towards the ensuite, chuckling under his breath at what my father had said.

Once Sora and I completed our morning routine, we both descended down the stairs where my father was talking to a man in a black suit and tie, nodding his head at every word that left my father's mouth.

I frowned as Sora excused himself to the kitchen when I found myself at my father's side where the man had nodded his head at me in greeting.

"That'll be all for today," Edward said as the man nodded without a single word and left for the elevator.

"Who was he?" I asked, curiously.

My father smiled at me. "You're interested in my business now?"

"I mean, I could learn a thing or two about technology, right?"