thirty-six | prom

A week passed by and during that week, Sora had returned back to Liam and Martha's place with slight scarring and bruises. He had then showed up at the door two days later at midnight with a rose and a box of pizza, asking me to be his date to prom. I had obviously said yes but my father only raised a brow at him, telling him that it should've been more grand with the promposal. Sora countered that statement with the fact that he and I already shared a strong connection and bond that he didn't need to do anything grand because he was saving it for his next big question in the future. He had also said that as long as I was happy with him, that was grand enough for him and I had agreed. I loved the thought and effort that was put into it and I hadn't wanted anything big in the first place anyways.

It was the day of my prom and Sora agreed that he wasn't going to see me for two days because he thought that it would make the moment more special when he saw me. Bianca had the dress delivered to me last night when she had came over for dinner, thanks to my father's invitation on wanting to get to know my girl friends better.

Bianca had come over early in the morning to help me get ready and to take her mind off family drama that she had at home. My father said he was going to be back in a few hours since he was going to head to the office first seeing as one of his assistants needed him.

"Your father is very handsome," Bianca said as she grabbed the curling iron from her suitcase and began to work on my hair. "I don't know why your mother left him for Adam."

I bit my lip as she began to curl my hair. "She's a gold digger."

Bianca nodded. "I know. Anyways, there's this rumour in the office that your mother can't leave Adam because she's carrying his child."

I frowned, slightly shaking my head unconsciously. My mother wanted to leave Adam to find another rich man to marry, to enjoy his riches. "My mother is typical but I guess karma got her with the pregnancy."

Bianca chuckled. "Some people cannot be helped."

"Rena, turn up the music," I said as Rena listened to my command and before we knew it, the bass was pumping and the lyrics were pouring out of the speakers.

During two hours, I allowed Bianca to work on my hair and my makeup as she loosely curled my hair and added pink touches to my eyes, adding a little sparkle to the eyeshadow. She painted my lips with a nude colour before spraying my body with perfume. She then continued to hairspray my hair before grabbing the dress from the rack.

"Okay, time for the dress," Bianca said excitedly as she handed me the dress. Before she had it delivered, she made sure her mother made some changes to fit the upper half of my body seeing as it was quite big. When I tried on the dress, I almost cried at how perfect it had fit around my body and how pretty I looked, for once in my life.

Just as I walked out of the bathroom, my father and Bianca was standing there, staring at me with wide eyes before a smile crept onto their lips. My father quickly took out his phone and snapped some pictures of me while Bianca taught him the angles that made me look better.

I stood there awkwardly as Bianca laughed, approaching me with a big smile. "If Sora doesn't flip when he see you, I'm taking you to prom myself."

I chuckled, slightly feeling nervous as my father instructed us to stand together so he could take a few pictures of the both of us. Bianca then shoved my father inside the picture and quickly too pictures of us before the door bell rang.

"He's here!" Bianca squealed before skipping downstairs and towards the front door where a few voices were conversed.

My father chuckled as he turned around and gave me the nude heels I was going to wear before I slipped it on. I wrapped my arms around his before my father led me downstairs and my breath got stuck in my throat when my eyes set itself on Sora. He was wearing a black and white suit-typical- with a pink-nude bow tie to match my dress. His hazel eyes watched my body, his mouth slightly open while my father and I descended the staircase.