twenty-five | brother

Despite feeling unwell and completely out of it, Sora managed to convinced me to get out of bed and watch him swim at his meet for his practical exam. Liam and Martha had made a big breakfast for the both of us and I assumed that Sora had already informed them of what had happened last night. I was thankful that they didn't say anything.

As Sora drove us to the Aquatic centre where the pool was used for practical purposes and owned by many private academies. He parked his car amongst others before we both got out and rushed inside, in search for the gym room.

"Okay," Sora said, turning around to face me when he saw his swim team filing inside the room that was not far from us. I met his brown eyes with a smile that I've mustered up. "Find a place on the bench and enjoy yourself. I won't be long, okay?"

I bit my lip and nodded. "Good luck, Sora."

He smiled in return and kissed my forehead before picking up his gym bag from the ground then turned away from me. As I watched him open the door, he hesitated to step inside before he glanced over at me with a smirk.

"I'll always come back to you, Luce," he said with a sincere look on his face before walking into the room filled with coo's from his team.

I couldn't help but slightly blush, butterflies erupting in my stomach as I frowned at it. The last time I felt this way was when I had a crush on Evans-oh no.

Swallowing my saliva, I turned around and seated myself at a bench that wasn't at the back nor at the front but perfectly in the middle. As I sat, I watched numerous people began to file in and wish their sons luck before finding themselves a seat, some silently praying to the Lords above and some eager for the swim meet to start.

Liam and Martha had arrived not long after, taking a seat beside me after both greeting me with a hug. They had asked if I wanted to eat anything but I had only shaken my head before glancing around, wondering if Michael was going to show up.

Martha must've known because she chuckled. "Michael won't be arriving today but he has already wished Sora luck. He has to finish some things up at college."

I nodded in understanding.

Liam cleared his throat, glancing behind me before his eyes widened in shock. A smile danced on his lips as he nudged Martha, causing her to scowl at him before looking in the direction that he had been already looking in.

They both stood up and laughed before simultaneously shouting, "Julian!"

I frowned in confusion before turning around, almost doubling forward when a handsome man, around his late twenties, arrived in a navy blue suit with his raven black hair combed to the back. His hazel eyes, much like Sora's, smiled at the sight of the two elderly.

"Grandma, grandpa," his thick Australian accent coming into play as it suddenly clicked inside my head. Sora's brother. "Ah, who's this sweet-looking girl?" His gaze followed me after greeting his grandparents with a kiss on the cheek before settling into the empty seat beside me.

"Don't even think about it," Martha said jokingly. "Sora already called dibs."

I frowned at Martha, crinkling my nose. I wasn't an object that someone could call "dibs" on.

"Right, you must be Lucinda," Julian said with a smirk that reminded me of his brother's. "I'm Julian, you can call me Juls for short."