twenty-one | night out

"You came!" Sora exclaimed, surprisingly excited for a guy who had just gotten beaten up badly and still managed to win. Barely.

I nodded with a small smile and approached him in the locker rooms where he had retreated back to after the fight. Sam was touching up his wounds with a first-aid kit as Sora slightly winced at the stinging pain.

"I did."

I didn't know why I came, though. Maybe it was because Sora had supported me through and through and it was my turn to return the favour. That was what friends did for each other, right?

"Hey, Lucinda," Sam greeted with a wave as he smiled at me. "Nice to see you again."

I nodded at him. "You too, Sam."

"What happened to practicing?" Sora questioned, genuinely concerned as he flinched when Sam places a cloth on the cut that was situated on his right cheekbone.

I shrugged. "I'll catch up tomorrow."

A boyish grin played on his lips. "I feel honoured."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You should be."

Sora leapt to his feet as if he hadn't just been in the ring but slightly winced when he swung his arm in the air before shaking it off. Sam shook his head in amusement before packing up the first-aid kit then bided us goodbye.

Sora quickly led me outside where the fresh, chilly night greeted me with cool arms as he threw his hoodie over his head before throwing me a look. "Why did you really come?"

I frowned, bemused at his question. Was he really questioning my reason? Did he not believe me? I couldn't blame him, to be honest. "I came to see you fight, really."

Sora gave me a stunned look as if he couldn't believe the words that came out of my mouth. I chuckled when he even tripped over his own feet. "Wow, Lucinda Raelyn made time in her oh-so-busy schedule to see my fight."

I glared daggers at him. "I can sense your sarcasm, Sora."

Sora laughed, actually laughed a hearty laugh before swinging an arm around my shoulders as he let out a heavy sigh in the chilly air. "Oh, Raelyn, you're full of surprises."

I elbowed him in the stomach, completely forgetting the fact that his entire body was sore and injured so when I saw him double-over with a grain, I couldn't help but chuckle. "Wait, I didn't mean to laugh. I just...didn't know how to handle your compliment."

Sora glared at me before giving me a deadly look as he slowly straightened his back, properly strapping his bag over his shoulder. A second passed and I suddenly realised what he was going to do so I began to bolt for it down the dim lit, empty street with the sound of our combined laughters filling up the street.

-

"That was not fair!" Sora shouted at me, a spark of amusement dancing in eyes. "I demand a rematch."

Sora and I decided to head to a nearby arcade where it was open twenty-four seven, deciding that it was a great idea to let loose and have some fun before getting back into studying and practicing. I was reluctant on the idea seeing as it was almost three in the morning but Sora had insisted and so I had caved in, oblivious to the fact that whether I had come home or not, my mother wouldn't have cared.

Standing in front of Sora, a pout resting on his face, I rolled my eyes and grinned victoriously before retreating to a sofa. I could now suddenly feel the fatigue resting in my bones before glancing over at Sora who was picking up his duffel bag then offered a hand out to me.

"Come on, let's go before your parents wonder why you weren't in bed in the morning," Sora said, his lips twitching upwards.

I sighed, staring at his outstretched hand. "They don't care. I bet they don't even know I'm gone." I didn't know why those words flowed out of my lips so easily when

Sora clicked his tongue before reaching down and grabbed my own hand into his. "Come on, Raelyn. Don't say stupid shit like that."

I bit my lip and looked at Sora; really looked at him. He slightly cocked his head to the side as he slowly retracted his arm back to his side limply and slightly bowed his head yet the glitter in his brown eyes shone through his dishevelled hair.

"What?" he questioned, almost quietly as he caught my observation of him.

I shrugged, completely ignoring his question as I began to walk away from him, the heaviness weighing my heart down. I felt Sora fall into step beside me as his tall figure almost loomed over me protectively, his coconut scent slightly sneaking up into my nostrils as if to comfort my anxiousness.

I didn't know how long we had been walking for but the moment my eyes blinked, snapping me back to reality, I had realised I was standing in front of the doors to the house that didn't even feel like home. I turned my head to the side and casted a glance back at Sora who was already making his way down the driveway, eyes casted downwards as if deep in thought.

The sight of him made my heart drop excitedly and my stomach churn as I bit my lip, allowing my eyes to flutter close for two seconds. I inhaled a sharp breath and clenched my jaw and wondered that I was going to have plenty of more chances to do what I was going to do but decided to take this opportunity. It may had been because it was already two in the morning and my brain had stopped functioning or the ability to overthink was thrown out the window.

So I found myself running to the walking figure, holding my breath in as I grabbed his arm and spun him around but never released my grip as I stood on my tippy toes. Without even looking at his reaction or even second-thinking about my next action, I fluttered my eyes when my lips made contact with his soft ones.

He must've been caught by shock because when his lips didn't move for a split second, I was about to pull away until I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pulled me in tighter. If that didn't make my heart melt then I didn't know what would. Our lips fell into pace and rhythm for another few seconds before I pulled the courage together to separate myself from those few seconds of heaven.

Sora blinked at me, a slight smirk playing on his red lips as he took a step back as if to give me space. "What was that for?"

I frowned at him. Why was I even frowning when I had just experienced the most heart explosive with the tingling kiss of my life? "Nothing." I turned on my heel and began to walk away from Sora.

"So, are you saying you kissed me for no reason?" he questioned out loud as if he didn't give a flying goose about the neighbours.

"Yes!" I called back.

"Honestly, if I do say so myself, we can't deny the feelings we have for one another." I heard the playful tone in his idiotic voice.

I flipped him off before running inside my house, my heart beating out of my chest as I backed against a wall and slid down, holding my hands tightly together against my chest. I couldn't find the ability to calm my beating heart or the urge to fight the smile that was daring itself to make an appearance on my face.

I had given my first kiss to Sora Lockhart.

a/n: I hope you enjoyed this chapter and feel free to follow my instagram for updates and weird stuff!! xhttps://www.instagram.com/rosesariella/