six | safe

Sora seated me, telling me to calm down while he got ready for his fight. He was doing all sorts of things like wrapping bandages around his wrists and murmuring stuff under his breath but all I could think about was 'what made me think that it was good idea to follow him somewhere without asking where first?'

I was about to open my mouth to say something when the doors opened as I jumped to my feet. A male, around the same height as Sora, walked in and my stomach gnawed when he looked the same age as us. Sweat patted his dark brunette hair and his blue eyes had been painted with a bruise where his upper lip was cut.

"Relax, I'm not here to assault you," the male chuckled, his voice deep as he opened one of the lockers and took out a towel. "Who is she, Lockhart?"

Sora came to a stand in front of me. "None of your business, Morgan."

The male chuckled as he took out his belongings. "That was my last fight. I'm never coming back to this shithole again."

Sora crosses his arms over his chest, his back muscles flexing. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I got soccer to focus on and my sister...well, we don't talk about that."

Sora nodded. "Well, thanks for the tips."

The male nodded in acknowledgement before swinging his bag over his shoulder. "I'm Reese, by the way. Reese Morgan."

I swallowed, trying to keep my voice steady. "Lucinda."

Reese nodded with a grin, saluting Sora before walking out of the locker room without a look back.

I bit my lip as I begin to wring my hands together and I couldn't help but face Sora nervously who was already punching the air. Little sweat patted his forehead and the moment he glanced at me, he sighed and seated me again.

"I can't go into this fight worried," he explained as he placed a hand on my back and I almost clinched at the foreign feeling. "I'm going to worry if you worry. And, sweetheart, I don't need you to worry about me."

I scoffed at the nickname he had given me. "I'm not worried about you. Actually, I'm pissed at the fact that you didn't tell me where we were going."

Sora chuckled. "You didn't ask."

I raised an eyebrow, crossing my arms over my chest. Oh, he does not want to start. "I did ask and you said you were visiting a friend."

Sora blinked for a moment before rolling his eyes. He opened his mouth, about to say something when the doors busted open and forced me to turn my head around.

"Sora, mate!" a thick Australian accent was the first thing I noticed when a tall male who looked in his late thirties. He was buff, way bigger than Sora and he looked like he could lift a hundred of me in the air.

"My man!" Sora exclaimed in unison as he got to his feet and did that bro-hug with the unknown male.

I felt tiny between the two males.

"Ah, who is this lovely chick?" The male asked with amusement dancing in his eyes.

Sora glanced over to me with a stare. "A school mate."

School mate?

Well, that part was true.

"Sam, Sora's trainer." the male introduced, offering his hand with a polite smile.

"Lucinda," I said in a quiet voice before shaking his head.

Sam turned to Sora who was literally a foot taller than him. "When I heard what happened to you, I booked a one-way trip knowing that you'd find another underground circuit to fight in. So, here I am."