thirty-five | bianca

After Andreya had discovered Bianca was sleeping over at a friend's house that was about fifteen minutes from here, Michael and Sora informed me that they were going to head over there when I was done. Edward shooed me, encouraging me to go with my friends as he told me that he would see me tonight for dinner at home.

Michael, on the other hand, thanked Edward again and kissed him on the cheek, leaving my father shocked before he headed towards the elevator. Sora and I followed behind after bidding my father goodbye for now.

Michael decided to walk instead of Uber because he wanted us to help him with what he was going to say to Bianca when he saw her. He wanted her to know that he loved her and would do anything for her, he would shift the entire universe for her if she wanted that and only if he could. It reminded me of the relationship Sora and I have and I guessed it reminded Sora too because he intertwined our fingers together and kissed my temples.

"So, should I say 'Bianca, I love you,' or 'Bianca, I would fight your dad'?" Michael questioned as he walked ahead of us, speaking out loud causing Sora and I to chuckle.

"You'll know what to say to her when you're standing in front of her," Sora said to Michael, shaking his head in amusement at our friend before glancing down at me. "I know this from experience."

Michael casted a glance behind his shoulder and nodded, his tensed shoulders beginning to relax. "You're right. It should just roll out of my mouth."

Once we reached her friend's apartment, Michael took in four deep breaths before knocking on the door twice, hard. All of us held our breaths in as we waited for someone to open the door and we all hoped it was Bianca.

Instead, it was a girl with blonde, frizzy hair with ocean blue eyes and her black pyjamas that met our eyes.

"Who are you?" the girl asked, rubbing her eyes as she gave us the death stare. It was probably because we woke her up from her nap.

"I'm looking for Bianca," Michael said, his brows frowning at the girl in front of us.

The girl tilted her head in confusion before slamming the door shut in our faces. A few voices conversed behind the door, following a laughter that sounded like Bianca's before the door opened again. This time, Bianca was standing before us with shock adorning her beautiful face, also dressed in pyjamas.

"Michael," she whispered, his name rolling off her tongue naturally as she hit her lip. Her eyes dropped to the floor as if unable to meet them. "What are you doing here?"

Michael's shoulders began to tense again as he took a step forward to her, causing her to freeze. "Bianca, I love you and I'm not going to lose you over something that your father has against me. I will do my best to prove my worth to him because I want you in my life."

Sora and I casted each other a glance of bewilderment. That was smooth and he didn't even stutter. That was how you know that Michael's words were genuine and from the bottom of his heart.

Bianca was at a loss of words as she met Michael's eyes as if searching for something. Her lips began to tremble as she sighed before throwing her arms around him as she cried on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, her voice cracking as she released herself from him. "You know how my dad is. It's either I stop seeing you or you lose your position at the university and I am not worth it."