thirty-two | friends

Michael instructed me to wait in the studio while he made a phone call to Sora. And while we waited for Sora, he managed to calm me down and told me stories about the adventures he and Bianca had together when he wasn't at the Lockhart residence.

It took ten minutes for Sora to burst through the doors, his hair dishevelled and his breath ragged. He had his shirt on the wrong way and was wearing a pair of basketball shorts. His undereye circles were dark and he looked paler than normal as he rushed towards me, his dark hazel eyes scanning my face as if afraid that I was hurt.

"Luce, I'm so sorry-"

I cut him off by tackling him with a hug as I felt myself begin to relax when Sora wrapped his arms around me tightly, pulling me close as he inhaled my perfume. He mumbled a prayer under his breath before thanking the Gods above for this very moment.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I pulled away, my head dropped low as I apologised for my childish behaviour. "I'm sorry for leaving you while you were drugged. I didn't know you were drugged and with what you did, I don't know-"

"I should be sorry," he responded, shaking his head in regret. "I let you down, especially after I promised you that I was going to be back. I'm sorry."

Sora pulled me in for another embrace as he rocked me from side to side gently, tucking my head under his chin as he cradled me. "Forgive me, Luce. I would never do anything to hurt you intentionally."

I believed him and he has proven to me that many times and yesterday was one slip-up and it was unintentional. I couldn't hold that against him.

"I know, I'm sorry for leaving you," I responded back with a whisper, suddenly feeling drained.

Sora kissed my forehead. "Your father actually helped me right after he put you in his car and had taken you home."

I raised a brow, bemused. "Really?"

Sora nodded. "You can trust him, Luce. He only has good intentions for you."

I smiled at Sora. "You're always looking out for me."

Someone clearing their throat trampled on our little space as Sora and I both frowned before we turned our heads to Michael who was still leaning against the door. "Excuse me? Where's my credit?"

I couldn't help but chuckle as I approached him and hugged him too. He was an older brother I'd never have. "Thank you, Michael."

Michael kissed the top of my head. "Always, Luce. Now, how about that getaway?"

-

It took a lot of convincing -only about five minutes- for my father to let me go on the trip with Sora, Michael and Bianca. He had told me to stay safe and use protection. I had only stared at him in bewilderment before he chuckled at himself then realised what he had said before mumbling under his breath.

"B found this incredible place," Michael said as he bounced off the private jet that Bianca allowed us to travel in. "She booked the villas and everything and of course, we'll all pay half."

"There's no need," Bianca's voice chipped in as she descended the small flight of stairs before handing her suitcases to the attendants nearby. "My father doesn't have to know but he paid most of the accomodations."