Nine

I woke up the next day reeling with the memories from the night before. I looked to see it was after midday. I felt my stomach rumble and immediately loaded up the dominos app. Within minutes my order was sent in. I climbed out of bed, grabbing a towel and heading to the bathroom. I climbed in the shower and washed off the night before. I towel dried my hair and tiptoed back to my room, careful not to wake anyone else up. I pulled on a white tank top and burgundy cardigan to overlap my black jeans. I was just putting on my socks when there was a knock at the door. I headed over and collected my pizza.

Around 3pm I heard other signs of life in the flat. Followed by the sound of the hover rumbling in the living room. I twisted my hair up into a pony tail and mad my way into the living room, following the sound.

"Hey Cal." I said above the noise. "Eva." He stated turning off the hover. "Did you have a good night last night." He asked, a knowing look in his eye.

"Yeah I had a good night." I said taking a deep breath in. "Had a few moments but I got through." I paused. "It was the first party since Alex. We went to one together not long before she died." I mumbled. Cals eyes dropped.

"Come here." He said opening his arms. I rushed across the room and collapsed into his arms. My heart breaking as I did. "I love you so much you know that." He mumbled stroking my hair. "I know. I'm doing better I promise."

"I haven't been the most understanding about it, when you shut me out I shouldn't have let you. I wish I was there for you in the early weeks. It kills me watching this killing you."

"I can't just shut it off though Cal. It does kill me. Idk what would hurt more, forgetting or remembering." I said pulling away from the long embrace.

"I'm going to be a better brother." He blurted out. "What Cal? You're a great brother!" I said shocked he'd even doubt himself.

"No, I haven't been. Last night I realised the potential of what we could've been. A proper family duo." He laughed. "It was honestly great to have you here to experience this with me."

"You're so stupid, I love you too." I mumbled.

"Now." He said putting his arm over my shoulder. Looking over to check the door. "You and Harry cosied up last night." He smirked.

"He told you!" I said shocked. "Not going to lie that's a bit weird he'd gossip with my brother about what happened." I said wide eyed.

"Happened.. wait what happened? I just meant that I saw you two hanging out a lot." He said twisting to look at me. "Oh, shit." I blurted out.

"Eva, what did he do?" He said a little more forceful. "Jeez Cal, he didn't do anything." I said worried. "I just don't want an awkward vibe between my sister and my best friend. Especially with you two living with us."

"We kissed, and i don't know what that means. I honestly didn't think it would happen. I don't know if I even like him. But I think I might." I said biting my lip disappointingly. "Right. Of all people Eva." He said making me feel shamed.

"I'm sorry." I said getting a little worked up. He paused for a long time before opening his mouth. "It's actually not too bad. It's a big step for you." He said being more sympathetic.

"I'll support you if this is a genuine thing. But if you two are just going to fuck about then you realise the position that'll put me in." He stated.

"Cal I haven't even spoken to Harry about it. But if he's not interested then obviously I'd never do that to you." I said knowing some common sense.

"Trust me, he'll like you. They all bloody do." He said walking away and picking up the few remaining bottles.

"What?" I laughed.

"Oh come on Eva. You're telling me you didn't notice how everyone was vibing off you. I'm surprised you went for Harry that's all." He claimed. "He knows about Alex, he's listened." I declared.

"They'd all listen to get in a girls pants." He mumbled. "No." I thought back, until I realised he obviously knew them a lot more than I did. I walked in assuming I knew Harry when the truth is we actually didn't know each other.

Harry didn't emerge from his room until almost 7pm. I was sitting in the living room munching down on my left over pizza when he walked in. "Hey." I said quietly. "Ah." He said looking behind him to check no one else was near. "About last night." He started. Oh no. Cal was right. I sat wide eyed silently as I let him finish.

"I don't know how you're feeling about it but maybe we could grab something to eat tomorrow?" He mumbled. Clearly embarrassed.

"Just us two?" I said playing dumb. "Or if you wanted to go with other people, but yeah I meant just us two."

"Er, sure." I said smiling, I had to break the eye contact to stop embarrassing myself.