Fourty One

Cleo left early hours this morning to get back home before her next shift, leaving me alone with my baby, waiting for my boyfriend to return home from whatever he'd been doing. I decided that I was to confront him. It was the only way I could find out the truth and from there I could decide if I could forgive him.

I text cal and headed up to his flat 10 minutes later dropping off poppy with her uncle, at this point she had began to recognise his face, smiling and cooing whenever he held her.

"Leaving you and Harry for some time alone?" He asked. "I love poppy but please no more baby's!" He laughed.

"No, not like that." I mumbled. He frowned sensing my depressing tone. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I can't go into it. But me and Harry need to have a chat." I frowned back. "A serious chat?" He asked holding poppy in his arms. I nodded in agreement. "You're not breaking up are you?" He asked just as my phone went off to signal Harry had just arrived home, asking where I was. "I don't know. I've got to go, Harry's home." I said kissing my baby and turning on my heels and heading towards the stairs.

I got to our flat and opened the door with my keys, finding Harry in the bedroom unpacking his case. I stood in the doorway and waited until he noticed.

"Ah, it's good to be home." He said walking up to me and going to kiss me but I turned my head to the side, making him pull back in confusion. "Where's poppy?" He asked concerned.

"With Cal." I mumbled. "What's going on, why are you being cold with me?" He asked reaching up to touch my arm, I flinched at his touch letting him know I was mad.

"What were you doing in guernsey?" I asked bluntly. I watched his jaw tense, twitching as he did. "What?" He asked clearly acting dumb.

"Tell me now Harry, I'm serious." I said getting angry. "I told you the other day, I went to see my family." He muttered.

"I know you're lying to me." I stated. "I'm not lying to you, I went to see my parents!" He said raising his tone of voice. Only fuelling my anger.

"And that's all you went for?" I said trying to trick him. "Yes, fucking hell Eva what's with the 20 questions today."

"One last question."

"What?"

"Who the fuck is Emily?" I fiercely spoke. His eyes widened, completely speechless. "What?" He mumbled.

"If you're being honest with me then tell me who Emily is!" I moaned.

"Did you read my messages?" He suddenly asked.

"I'll tell Eva I'm going to see my parents, that'll give me an excuse to come to guernsey!" I said imitating their chat.

"Eva, please no. It's not what it looks like." He panicked. A sudden rage washed over me and I pushed him, crying uncontrollably, letting out every emotion.

"Fuck you Harry!" I shouted. "How could you do this to me. Did you even think about me when you fucking sent pictures to this girl. What about poppy, do you even care about our family!"

"Of course I care about you, I adore poppy like no other. I promise you I'm not doing anything. It's really not what you think." He pleaded. My heart broke in two as he so visible denied it.

"I can't do this." I cried. "Eva." Harry said moving towards me. "Don't. Don't come near me!" I shouted.

"I can't stand to look at you right now." I cried even more collapsing to the floor by the bed. Harry stood over me getting emotional. "Eva please, what can I do to prove to you it's not what you think." He motioned, I thought for a while letting out my tears before I lifted my head and looked dead at him.

"Show me the pictures." I said taking him back. "Eva I can't." He said making me gasp through the tears, knowing he was blowing his only shot at convincing me he wasn't cheating.

"Then how am I supposed to believe you aren't cheating on me with her?" I asked wiping my face.

"Because I love you. I love you so fucking much. I'd never hurt you like that!" He said physically shaking.

"But you are." I said staring directly at him, our eyes locked in contact. He sat there speechless not knowing what to say. I stood up and grabbed a gym bag from under the bed. "What are you doing?" Harry questioned from the floor as I shoved a load of clothes from my draws into the bag. I stayed completely silent, picking up the bag and walking over the bed to avoid walking over him. As I left the bedroom he jumped up and chased after me. I walked into Poppy's bedroom, gathering some baby grows, clothes and nappy's.

"Eva no, please don't. Please don't take poppy." He said, to my surprise tearing up. I carried on packing her clothes until the case was almost full. I zipped up the bag on the floor, picking it up and swinging it on my shoulder. "Get out my way Harry." I ordered. "No Eva please. Listen to me. Don't leave I'm begging you. Please just trust me that it's not what it looks like. I understand why you think I'm cheating, but I'd never do that to you or poppy. Please trust me. Please Eva please, I'm begging you."

"Show me the pictures." I said bluntly yet again.

"Not while you're like this. I can't." He moaned standing in my way. "Then move." My sudden quiet voice frightening him more than my screams. He moved to the side allowing me to barge past him. As I walked towards the door he grabbed my arm. Crying, "I love you Eva. Please don't leave. You don't understand." He tried pulling me back. I nudged him away from me and made it to the door.

"Eva." Is the last sob I heard as the door shut behind me and I ran to the stairs, running up to cals flat, banging on his door. Cal opened within seconds, catching me as I crumbled into his arms, the bag dropping to the floor as I did.