Fourty Six

People finally pieced two and two together and worked out I was the mum. I mean now I look at the big picture it wasn't hard to work out. Cal announcing I was to be a mum, then the timing of Harry's video, combined with cal being in the video of the first moments.

It was a warmer welcome than I expected, a surprising relief. Harry tweeted out a picture of me him and poppy all smiling, one Cal had taken after we'd gotten engaged. Another thing that the viewers worked out from the ring on my finger.

I sat back in the bliss I felt, feeling like everything was falling in place. Our wedding was still to be arranged but there was no rush, we were completely and utterly happy where we were. Admiring our beautiful daughter as she blossomed.

"I got poppy a present." Harry mumbled after arriving home.

"Oh god, last time I heard that I was holding a wooden penis in my hands." I sat sending me back to the early days. Harry chuckled and sighed.

"It's better." He said pulling out a small soft cushioned football.

"Oh Harry!" I mumbled as he already began to push football onto her.

"I highly doubt she'll be hitting the crossbar with that. She spends half the day with her foot in her mouth." I said as if on queue, her foot was pulled up and straight in her mouth, I never understood how baby's can be so flexible yet so weak.

"Can you imagine the views!" He pleaded. I sighed causing him to jump down onto the floor next to her, slightly startling her small body.

Harry helped her sit up and placed the ball between her legs. She stared down at it and then back up at Harry, unknowing on what to do. Harry grabbed her foot and nudged the ball "go on poppy!" He roared. I laughed in response as she scrunched the fabric of the ball under her hand, lifting the light object to her mouth, not working out that it's too big to go in. Half the ball now covered in saliva as it dropped to the floor.

"Wait till she's older." I sighed as I picked up the ball and took it away from her causing her to panic and cry. "Nooo, did mummy take your ball?" Harry gasped.

I couldn't bare to see her cry so I placed the ball back with her, her face lighting up as I did. "You've got to be kidding me." I sighed as Harry sat smug.

"See, I knew she was a footballer."

"You got lucky Lewis!" I said laughing.

I headed off to the toilet, distracted by the city lights seeping in through the bedroom window, the breeze intoxicatingly cold. I walked into the bedroom, concerned as to why Harry would leave the bedroom window open in the middle of winter.

As I reached behind the curtain, the breeze knocked a picture off the desk. I shut the window and turned to the floor to see a picture of me and Alex out in the open. I picked it up and reminisced over the memory, feeling my heart thump with each second passing. I turned back to the window, picture in hand, looking out at the sky. I couldn't help but think of Alex in a time like this, the life we planned to live together. Our story proving that life is never fair, life is a game with no rules, but life is the reason we're here and the reason we love. Alex was my life, up until her time had come to an end. She taught me everything, leading me in the direction of my second coming. Without her and our tragic love story I may not have ended up in Harry's arms, and without my beautiful daughter. The love I feel for the both of them is strengthened by the love I felt and forever feel for Alex, as without her in my story, I would be forever changed.

"Thank you Alex."