Twenty Six

I managed to convince Harry to go to the shops around the corner of our hotel to give me a minute alone. I knew this was coming, this queasy feeling washed over me, I buried my head in the toilet and gagged. Nothing coming out. I was convinced it couldn't be morning sickness but I managed to sneak a test at the airport just in case. I was hoping not to use it, to enjoy our first holiday together carefree but I had an unsettling feeling nothing after this would be carefree.

I successfully carried out the instructions on the box and waited. Thinking of calling Cal or my mum for support until I realised the prices of the call would be horrendous. I heard Harry renter the hotel room, shuffling about with whatever he had bought.

"Where are you?" He called from the living space. "Bathroom." I called back. He didn't answer back, obviously leaving me in peace. The time had easily passed two minutes but I was too terrified to look. I was considering chucking it away, refusing to look. But curiosity got the best of me. I leaned up off the floor and grabbed the test from the sink. In one quick look of the clear blue test I gathered more information than I was expecting. Clear as day the stick read pregnant 3+ weeks. I didn't have to guess it was around 2 months as my period had skipped. I didn't think anything of it until I missed a second month, one being a possibility two being a rarity.

The first thought to come to mind was my age, I was graduating in less than 5 months. I couldn't put that off again. I was just turning 22 this year, I can't possibly be a mum. I couldn't support myself anymore let alone a child. And what about Harry, he's career, he's just a big child, how is going to cope.

I hid the test in the cupboard with some toilet roll, hoping it would remain there until I had chance to figure out what I wanted to do.

I walked into the living space, my pyjamas still on. "I thought we were going to the aquarium?" He said expecting me to be dressed. I broke out of me daze and mumbled a response. "You alright?" He laughed, clearly misunderstanding me.

"Yeah, just let me get dressed quickly." I pulled out my yellow short sleeve swing dress and paired it along with some white ankle vans. I grabbed a brown bag to hang over my shoulder, carrying around all our items. After putting on my sunglasses I reappeared and flashed off my outfit. "Very bright." Harry commented at the yellow. "Is it bad?" I said doubting "nah it looks great. Come on let's go." He said eager to see the fish.

We entered the building, colours of blue swirling around us as the artificial light shinned through. I felt Harry's hand intertwine with mine. The queasy feeling arising in my stomach, burning my throat. I brought my free hand up to my face and gagged, managing to conceal my movements. Harry looked at me and I smiled in response, trying to act normal. I watched as my adult boyfriend turned to a child right in front of my eyes, amazed at the fishes. He captured the moment with his phone of a tropical fish swimming inches from the glass that tunnelled us in this underwater adventure. He Twitter out the picture with the caption 'second most beautiful creature in the aquarium.' He smiled as he showed me. "Is that referring to me." He nodded in agreement and laughed. "You called me a creature!" I laughed back.

I watched as an individual identified Harry, we accomplished 5 days of being unrecognised so this was a delight. I stepped out of Harry's way and excused myself as the fan approached him. A teenage couple of girls approached him, one wearing a football shirt, guaranteed to start a conversation. I rushed to the toilet, following the illuminated signs. I bent over the toilet and waited for the nightmare to begin. In a couple of minutes I regained my dignity and washed out my mouth, I felt retched.

I found Harry wondering the tunnel clearly looking for me. "Hey." He said catching up with me. "How was that?" I asked. "Ah they were lovely, took a picture with them and tweeted it out. I didn't like the shirt though, not my team." He laughed. I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder as I hugged him. He seemed a bit taken back but hugged me too. I couldn't help but think that he was so young at heart, could I really corrupt that. What ever I decided to do he had a right to know first.

We left the aquarium after a few hours and began to walk along the beach, there was a low wall lining the path to separate the sand from concrete. I stepped on it and walked along. Harry pulled out his camera and took a photo for me, a few nice ones and a few silly ones. I looked back at them and smiled, my now tanning skin growing in my yellow and white outfit. I remained on the wall as Harry stood in front of me and began to take a selfie, I bent my knees slightly to reach his height, both my hands on his shoulders as I turned my head to kiss his cheek, after a few more were taken I decided that one was my favourite. Although there was no where we could post it, I'm glad we both agreed to keep it out of the public eye as it made everything better and easier to deal with.