nine

When I went home, I went straight to my room. I took out the note from my pocket. At the back, he wrote:

If you eat this bread, we're already friends! :P

I started to ask myself "what's wrong with me?" I can't believe I rummaged through the trash just to get that note. And it made me speechless.

He's really persistent, huh? Why is he insisting to be friends with me when in fact, I already told him no? Is he really that desperate?

🌰

"Change into your p.e uniform and proceed to the gymnasium." Our teacher said.

"Damn," I muttered.

I forgot my p.e uniform. But who cares? I'll just waste my energy there.

Beomgyu and I were the only ones left in the room. However, he kept glancing impatiently at me.

"I guess you forgot your p.e uniform, too." He said.

I said nothing at first but I really wanted to ask him a question. "Answer me truthfully. What do you want from me?"

"Huh?" He was confused.

"You want us to be friends? All of our classmates like you. Why won't you befriend them? Why does it have to be me?"

"Do we really need a specific reason to be friends with someone?" He said. "Friendship is a beautiful thing. You befriend someone simply because you want to be their friend."

This time, he was right. But for me, making friends is not easy--and will never be easy. And besides, I have trust issues.

"Why do you push people away?" He continued.

I was quiet for a moment and just stared at my desk. I can't seem to answer. I had to fight to hold back my tears. I didn't know who would leave or stay. So I pushed them all away.

To be honest, I was scared. Letting someone in is just as terrifying as letting someone go.

I tried to hide my tears that's already falling.

Beomgyu stood up and went in front of me. He gasped as he saw my face.

"Don't cry! Don't cry!" He panickingly said, his eyes was full of concern. He then gave me his handkerchief.

Suddenly, someone entered the room.

"Nami?" It was Yeonjun and so, I quickly wiped my tears. "You were here? You forgot your p.e uniform, aren't you?"

"Yeah, and I'm not really in the mood." I replied.

"You forgot yours, too?" Yeonjun asked Beomgyu.

"I still don't have my p.e uniform." He said, scratching his head.

"It's because you're a transferee. You should frequently visit the supplies and ask if they already have a stock."

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind!"