thirty nine

When I woke up, I was surprised when I realized that I'm in my room.

How did I end up here?

Someone knocked on my door.

"Come in,"

"You're already awake?" Yeonjun asked, holding a plate and a glass of water. He then placed it on my side table.

"What happened last night?" I asked.

"Someone saw you collapse at the blue building so, I went there and carried you all the way here." He said.

"Ahh," I muttered. "Was my mom the one who let you enter our house?"

"Yes," He said. But then, he had a sudden change of expression. "What the hell were you doing there?"

"I had a talk with someone."

"That's all?"

I nodded.

"Yah!" He poked me in the forehead. "That's why I told you yesterday that I'll take you home, yet you didn't listen! What were you thinking at that time? You're sick and you still thought of going at the blue building."

"Why are you so mad? Tsk, I didn't expect it to happen anyway." I said, crossing my arms.

"I'm just concerned. What could've happened to you if it weren't for me?"

"Okay, fine! Thank you." I muttered.

"You really should,"

Suddenly, Yeonjun's phone vibrated. He just looked at it and didn't bother to answer.

"Who is it?" I asked curiously.

"One of my team mates."

"Take the call! It might be an emergency."

He just mouthed 'okay'.

While waiting for Yeonjun, memories from last night started to linger in my mind.

I lost a friend before because she told me that she pities me. And now that I gained a new friend, it turned out that he was also the same.

Sometimes we want help, sympathy, or even attention. But pity? No. To be honest, I hated the thought of it because it's an insult to our bad situation. When you pity others, they become a sad story instead.

Tears fell from my eyes without me knowing it.

This is why I'm afraid to make new friends. They will eventually leave me in the end.