twenty seven

Should I tell Yeonjun that Beomgyu and I are already friends?

Yes? No? Maybe?

It was a tempting idea. Somehow, I want to tell it to him in the right time.

It's already that day of the month where I have to pay for our electricity and water bill. My mother was supposed to do that but, she doesn't care at all. She still hasn't changed her habit of drinking every night.

"Let's go!" Yeonjun said as he appeared in front of me.

We took a cab because the place was quite far.

"Why do you always pay for your bills? Is your mother busy?" He asked.

"Yeah,"

Yeonjun knew that my parents divorced but, he didn't know how my mother became miserable after that. I just kept it to myself because I don't want him to worry. Well, keeping problems to myself has been my thing.

"Here we are," I said as I paid for the fare.
When we entered, there were so many people.

There was only one vacant seat and Yeonjun let me sit there.

"Sorry if I bothered you." I muttered.

"It's okay." He smiled.

I start to feel like I'm the only one receiving and I lack too much as a friend. But, I'm always grateful for him.

Suddenly, he received a call and excused himself. After a few minutes, he got back.

"I'm sorry, Nami! I need to get back because the moderator of the sports club called me and we have an urgent meeting." He said. "Just stay here. I'll come back right away."

He left before I could answer. It seems like it's really an urgent matter.

Finally, after several moments, I finished paying the bills.

While waiting for Yeonjun, someone approached me.

"Is that you, Nami?" She asked. I looked at her, puzzled. "It's really you!"

It was my ex-bestfriend, Seulgi. How can she talk to me like that after all she had done?

"What a snob. You've changed." She said.

I used to be a jolly person but she's the reason why I changed a lot.

"Get out of my sight." I said, gritting my teeth.

"Why are you like that? Did you not miss me?" She smiled sarcastically.

"I said--"

"Waeng!" Someone shouted.

I could see Beomgyu somewhere in the distance. Why is he here?

"Let's go," He said and grabbed my wrist.