ten

Just as I was about to sleep, I heard a sound of a broken glass. And so, I went out of my room and immediately went downstairs.

"What on earth," I muttered as I saw my mother lying on the floor. Her hand was bleeding because of the broken bottle.

"I still love him..." She was slurring her words.

"You're out of your mind!" I raised my voice.

Can't she see the danger with what she's doing? She's hurting herself!

I helped her stand up and put her arm on my shoulder. I can no longer stand to see her suffering. That's it, I'll bring her to the hospital.

🌰

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my rioting emotions. She's making me worry!

"How is she?" I asked when the doctor finally went out of the room.

"She has a cut on her hand and some bruises in her arms, but it will heal in a few days. She needs to take a rest for the mean time and receive ointment."

I was relieved with what the doctor said. I really hope she'll be okay soon.

Dazedly, I started to leave the hospital but then I felt that I needed to stay just for one night. I'm already near the entrance and so, I decided to buy a food outside.

After buying a food, I headed back to the hospital.

"Waeng?"

I froze instantly. That was familiar.

I turned around to see who it is. Why is he here?

He smiled at me. I avoided eye contact, aware of how vulnerable and fragile I looked.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Hey, I'm supposed to ask you that!" He pouted. "I'll answer that but let's sit first."

I just nodded and followed him.

"So, why are you here?" I asked again.

"Is that really the first thing you want to say to me?" He said.

I raised my brow. "What?"

"I mean, you won't say hi?"

Why is he so demanding?

"I won't. And so, answer my question." I realized that I was demanding, too.

"My father is sick so I visited him." He said.

There was a moment of silence.

"Sorry if I took some of your time. You may go now if you wish to go."

"Will you not ask me why I'm here?" I asked.

"But I'm not your friend. I don't think you'd want to share it with me." He truthfully said.

Since he already know that I'm here, why won't I tell him?