forty one

"Did you two fight or something?" Yeonjun asked.

"You know what, let's not talk about it,"

"You're both eighteen, you shouldn't be fighting because of little things. That's childish." He remarked.

"You know nothing. And it's not just a little thing. I might not forgive him for the rest of my life." I said.

"Why don't you tell me about what really happened?"

Taking a deep breath, I told him everything that he needed to know. I hated letting my weak side show so even though I was near to crying, I tried my best not to. I never cried in front of anyone.

"What?! He really said that?" Yeonjun yelled and slammed the table. "That piece of--"

"Keep quiet, will you?" I said. It caught the attention of many students here in the cafeteria.

When we went back to our classroom, I saw a note on top of my desk.

I still haven't explained. Give me a chance to talk to you. Pleaseee?

Right, I cut him off earlier. I was swayed by my anger and that's why I haven't heard of his explanation yet.

I stood up and gave him a note, Fine.

The atmosphere between us really changed since that day. And I wished it never happened.

"What do you need to explain?" I started.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to..." He said hesitantly.

"Your sorry won't change anything. But fine, you apologized and that's enough."

"I didn't mean to kiss you that time."

Then, he covered his face with his hands.

My eyes widened with what he said and turned to look at him. "What? Kiss? When did you--"

Oh shit, at the clinic. No way... it was real?

"I-I'm confused." I trailed off. "Were you, umm... avoiding me because of that kiss?"

"Yeah," He murmured.

I bit my lip, not knowing what to say.