Lost

"What are you?" Elena asked in a demanding voice that was full of anger and emotion, clenching her jaw at him. Stefan just stared back at her silently, not talking. "What are you?" She repeated, more loudly and Stefan slowly nodded at her.

"You know." He whispered, eyeing Elena who slowly shook her head in protest.

"No.. I don't." She answered quietly, not understanding or knowing what to say or think.

"Yes, you do.. Or you wouldn't be here." Stefan pointed out, staring at her before she shook her head again.

"It's not possible." Elena argued and I furrowed my eyebrows, waiting for either of them to say something useful. "It can't be." Elena added in defense at Stefan who set down a stake on a side table next to the door before he slowly walked towards her but Elena backed away from him in fear.

"Everything you know... And every belief you have is about to change." Stefan warned in a cautious tone. "Are you ready for that?" He asked emotionlessly, looking between Elena and I.

"What are you?" Elena asked angrily again while I remained silent, still trying to wrap my head around it all. Stefan stared down quietly at Elena before slowly nodding as his eyes glazed over.

"I'm a vampire." Stefan answered and I felt my breath hitch in my throat, taken aback. I looked at Elena who slowly shook her head, her eyes glazing over also.

"I—we shouldn't have come." Elena pointed out emotionlessly before forcefully grabbing my hand.

"No, please—" Stefan started, stepping closer to Elena but she quickly dodged away from him.

"No, no! Mariana, run!" Elena warned loudly back at him in frustration and let me go as she ran back towards her car. Stefan appeared in front of her in a flash and Elena gasped, looking back at where she saw him last. "How did you do that?" Elena asked in complete shock and I slowly walked towards the car, trying to avoid them both.

"Please don't be afraid of me." Stefan pleaded at her, ignoring her question.

"Let us leave." Elena warned, trying to pass him but he stood in the way of her.

"Elena, there's things that you have to know and try to understand—" Stefan started, blocking her and she groaned in annoyance and anger at him before he grabbed her arm while she tried breaking free.

"Stefan!" I warned in anger at him but he didn't listen.

"Let me go!" Elena yelled loudly before Stefan did as told.Elena ran towards the car again while I stepped in front of him. "Mariana!" She yelled worriedly after me and I shook my head back at her.

"Just go, Elena!" I warned before I looked back at Stefan who shook his head in defeat.

"Elena, please!" Stefan pleaded after her but she ignored him as she started the car and drove quickly away from the house. I sighed in defeat and walked away from Stefan, holding a hand on my forehead as I thought it all over in my head again. Trying to comprehend all of it. Stefan turned to me and opened his mouth to speak but I held up my hand, silencing him.

"Damon is one then too, I take it?" I asked, slowly sighing and looking up at him. "A Vampire?" I stated, shaking my head at the word and he slowly nodded back at me. "And Zach?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Is he really your uncle?" I asked again and Stefan shook his head before I scoffed, closing my eyes back at him.

"Mariana—" Stefan started but I cut him off.

"I'm trying to understand, Stefan." I countered, shaking my head and running my hands through my hair as I paced back and forth in front of him. "I have done some bad things in my lifetime, you know. I—I have drank so much alcohol to make me imagine that vampires, werewolves—even fairies were real." I pointed out and scoffed at myself while Stefan watched me in silence. "This just—" I started, breathing heavily before I turned towards him. I narrowed my eyes at Stefan who looked away from me in disgust at himself and I slowly folded my arms over my chest.