Purity

"Jeremy!!" A voice yelled through my ears and I groaned, turning over in my bed and putting my pillow over my head. "Mariana!" The voice yelled again, more urgently, making me open my eyes quickly and look around my room.. It was two in the morning... And the voice I was hearing was Elena's. I furrowed my eyebrows and quickly vamped towards my bedroom door and opened it, looking towards Elena's room curiously but the light was off and door was open, indicating she wasn't in there. I looked into Jeremy's room and he wasn't in there either.

"What the hell?" I asked in annoyance before I heard a clatter come from downstairs.

"Jeremy! No, no.. Jer—Jer!" Elena's sobs came into my ears and I quickly calmed down the stairs, into the hall before stopping the kitchen.

"Ele—" I started but quickly cut myself off as Elena knelt in front of Jeremy who sat on the floor up against the island counter, with a large gash in his neck. "What the—Jeremy?" I asked taken aback in worry before I vamped towards him, noticing a bloody knife beside Elena and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No, Jer, no—Jeremy." Elena whispered sobbing as she looked down at the Gilbert ring that sat on his finger and I slowly shook my head. 

"Elena, you need to go to your room." I warned and she looked at me in confusion but I stared at her, no expression on my face.

"But—" Elena protested but I quickly cut her off as I picked Jeremy up from the floor.

"Not now, Elena." I warned in a serious tone before I walked Jeremy and I away from her.
~~~

"I can't believe this happened. What am I going to say to him?" Elena asked as she paced the couch behind Jeremy while I sat on the coffee table in front of him as Damon stood beside me.

"Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy?" Damon asked sarcastically from beside me and I narrowed my eyes up at him, making him smirk.

"I should have called Stefan." I pointed out in defeat as I looked back down at Jeremy while Elena continued to pace, shaking her blood stained hands.

"I don't want to talk to him. He's been lying to me, hiding things from me. He compelled Jeremy to forget god knows what, Mariana." Elena argued and I scoffed back at her.

"Elena, you just shoved a knife into our brother's neck. I'm pretty sure that trumps that." I pointed out in anger and Elena rolled her eyes back at me.

"Mariana, right. You should call Stefan." Damon agreed and Elena sighed deeply, looking between us.

"I don't trust him right now, okay?" Elena asked in defeat and I sighed deeply, folding my arms over my chest before the door opened and we all looked towards it.

"Hey." Stefan stayed closing the door behind him and walking towards Elena.

"P.S—we called Stefan." I stated shrugging at Elena who sighed at annoyance towards Damon and I who looked at each other in some amusement.

"What happened? Why didn't you call me?" Stefan asked furrowing his eyebrows at Elena as he looked down at Jeremy. Stefan went to hug her but she quickly backed away from him.

"I just—I need to go upstairs to shower. Clean all the blood off of my hands." Elena stated quickly before she walked up the stairs. I sighed at Stefan and shrugged before a gasp broke out and Jeremy sat up from the couch.

"Welcome back. How you feeling?" Stefan asked down at Jeremy who breathed heavily and looked at me in confusion.

"What happened?" Jeremy asked furrowing his eyebrows and I sighed deeply, tilting my head at him in defeat.