Let The Right One In

"Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him, he shuts me down." Stefan stated as him, Elena and I stood beside her locker.

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" Elena asked, holding her books to her chest.

"I don't know. He waited 145 years, only to find out that Katherine could not care less." Stefan pointed out and I sighed, shaking my head. "I mean, that's gotta hurt, right?" He asked and Elena sighed in annoyance.

"And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." Elena countered sarcastically and scoffed in agreement.

"You have every reason to be upset with him." Stefan replied as he looked between us in defeat. "Have you thought about what you're going to do?" He added and I scoffed once again.

"About what? Isobel, our vampire birth mother, who's related to our vampire ancestors Katherine, who screwed over Damon? Nope. Haven't thought about it at all." I informed sarcastically and Stefan chuckled down at me.

"I'm sorry I brought up." He stated with a small smile and I nodded, looking away from him and down the hall.

"It'd just be nice if we could go through one day without worrying about any of it. No vampire mother. No vampire brother." Elena added and I nodded, sighing in agreement.

"No vampires at all?" I asked and rose an eyebrow in uncertainty before Elena smirked and looked at Stefan.

"Not any other than you." Elena pointed out and I looked away from them. "I just want to get us back to normal stuff like.. School. And homework." She added before gasping. "And here's a thought—fun." She stated with a smirk and I laughed, looking back at her.

"That sounds good to me, when do we start?" I asked and shook my head as Stefan and Elena both chuckled before we walked in the direction of History.

-Time Skip-

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door and annihilate the idiot who attacked us last night." Damon stated in some anger after boarding up the broken window in the library.

"Yeah? And then what? We turn to the rest of the house of vampires and say, 'oops. Sorry'?" Stefan asked in annoyance at him and Damon shrugged.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena stated in disbelief toward him and shook her head, folding her arms over her chest.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information." Damon replied emotionlessly and I rose my eyebrow at him. "And it was not like I had a choice. She's.. Scary." He added with a shrug and I rolled my eyes. "Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back." Damon stated with a smirk and Elena chuckled dryly.

"Oh, of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual—no matter who he hurts in the process." Elena stated in annoyance and he rolled his eyes.

"You don't have to be snarky about it." Damon replied with a sigh as he walked over to a chair and sat down.

"We woke up this morning to learn that all of the vampires have been released from the tomb. The same one that Grams died closing.. She's earned snarky." I stated angrily back at him and Stefan sighed from next to me.

"Mariana." Stefan stated, putting a hand on my shoulder. I rose an eyebrow and looked at him as he gestured at the fireplace, which had flames ascending from it vigorously. I narrowed my eyes at the flames and took a deep breath before watching the flames crawl back into their confined space.