Personal Issues

"So Sarah attacked Tyler. He pushed her away and she tripped and fell, and she hit her head." I stated as I walked around my room while giving Damon a play by play of last night since he was stick with Katherine.

"Does Matt remember anything?" Damon asked as he leant against my window while I grabbed the pair of boots I was going to wear today.

"He thinks he's just blacked out." I answered with a shrug as I started putting the boots on. "But I know Matt and Sarah were both compelled by Katherine. Which is why I asked Caroline to cover for Tyler and say it was an accident." I stated and watched Damon roll his eyes.

"I don't understand that. The guys a tool." He stated sarcastically and I scoffed lightly.

"We don't need Caroline's mom as well as his, asking questions that he can't answer. I mean, do you really think it's a good idea for him to try to explain to anyone that he's a werewolf?" I asked in some amusement, which made Damon smirk and look away from me.

"Well, no." He stated in agreement and I sighed as I walked over to my dresser and grabbed my phone.

"We both know that the werewolf road is just going to end up leading straight to vampire boulevard and sooner or later, potentially even witchy Avenue. So, I figured I was just thinking fast on my feet." I stated as I looked at my home screen to see texts from Caroline about her mom. "The Sheriff is leading a search party for Amy Bradley." I informed, reading one of her texts as I turned to him.

"Oh, teens today and their underage drinking. Tragic." Damon replied with an over exaggerated sigh, making me roll my eyes. "Wait—did you see wolf-boy's eyes turn yellow?" He asked and I rose an eyebrow as I thought it over.

"More gold with amber highlights." I answered with a shrug and Damon tilted his head at me. "Well, at least he can only turn into a werewolf on a full moon." I stated in reassurance.

"Yeah, but now he has increased strength and who knows what else." Damon countered in annoyance and I slowly nodded in agreement. "I wonder how much Mason told him.. Does he know about us? What'd you tell him?" He asked as I grabbed my bag from my bed and threw it over my shoulder.

"I told him nothing. And I don't think he knows much of anything. He seemed really freaked out, and honestly I feel bad for him. He's alone in this and me being his girlfriend—it's nothing I can even help with." I stated in defeat and watched Damon look away from me. I watched him for a few seconds before I sighed and walked over to my door. "Look, I'll find out what he knows. I won't tell him anything." I stated reassuringly as I opened the door and turned around, only to gasp as Damon stood directly in front of me now.

"No, don't ask him anything. The more questions you ask, the more curious he will get and he cannot know about us. A bite from a werewolf can kill a vampire, but for you? He could tear you into a million pieces without even blinking.. So you need to keep your distance from him for now. Do you understand me?" Damon asked in a serious tone and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. His face was tense but his eyes were soft.. concerned.

"Yes.. I understand." I answered quietly and saw his demeanor change as he stepped around me and opened my door more.

"If you wanna drop the hint to the Sheriff that Amy's body is at the bottom of the quarry with a cracked spine, it might save her some time." Damon stated sarcastically as he gestured for me to walk out of my room and I sighed deeply. I walked down the hall toward Elena's room, only to see her door wide open.