Confidentcial

"Stefan, who was that man in the road?" Elena asked as the three of us sat in her room. Stefan and Elena sat on the bed while I sat on her window seal.

"I don't know.. Do you remember anything else about him beside a black hood?" Stefan asked in confusion and Elena looked at me, trying to see what I remembered.

"I wish. I never really saw his face, just his hoodie.. And these black boots coming towards us." I answered, furrowing my eyebrows at the memory before turning my attention outside of the window.

"I brought some vervain for um—for you guys and Jenna." Stefan stated grabbing from beside the bed that he had brought with him. "And, um—I made the bracelet for Jeremy, a few extra ones for friends." He stated, opening the box and handing Elena a men's bracelet and a few necklaces as well as the vervain herb and a small vile of liquid. "You can put it in jewelry, or even put it in food or drink. But as long as it's in you or on you, a vampire cannot control you." Stefan informed and I furrowed my eyebrows at it all.

"Wow. So much to remember." Elena stated, sighing down at all the contents he had just given her.

"I know. But, there's another vampire in town, so until we find out who it is and what he wants, we have to be careful." Stefan pointed out in a cautious voice and I slowly nodded towards all of the vervain in agreement. I heard the doorbell ring and I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked out the window and at the front of the house.

"It's just the pizza guy." I stated, seeing a guy in a black hoodie standing on the porch and holding our pizzas.

"Elena, I need the money!" Jeremy yelled from downstairs. I turned to Elena who sighed and grabbed money from her purse before making her way towards the front door. Silence fell over Stefan and I for a moment, making him clear his throat.

"You okay? You haven't said much—" Stefan started towards me but I cut him off.

"I haven't said much since you told Elena and I that we were adopted?" I asked in a snappy tone and watched him slowly nod in agreement before he sighed in defeat. "There's not much you can say after you realize something as important at that." I added in a sharp tone before shaking my head and looking back out of the window.

-Time Skip-

"It's so pretty." Caroline stated, smiling down at the vervain necklace I gave her while we walked around the school on our lunch break. "God, it'll go with like, everything." She added in amusement and I chuckled as we walked towards a lunch table. "What's the occasion?" She asked but I shrugged.

"No occasion, just a little friend gift." I pointed out once I sat down and Caroline smirked, sitting across from me.

"Lesbian friend necklace? 'Cause were freaky like that?" She asked, winking at me sexually and I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Your friendship is important to me." I shrugged in amusement and watched her raise an eyebrow.

"Why are you being so mushy?" Caroline asked as she opened her lunch bag and I sighed, tilting my head.

"Because you've been avoiding me and Elena—mostly Elena—and I wanted you to know that whatever is going on with you and Matt, it's okay. From mostly Elena." I added in an informative tone as I added a sheepish smile. Caroline looked at me with an uncomfortable expression as she chuckled dryly.